Agnostic.com

2 7

LINK LGBTQ Activists and Soccer Fans Walk Around Russia with the Pride Flag

What a great troll!

Russia is not a country that recognizes that love is love. They have a dismal track record when it comes to the rights of LGBTQ people. Although homosexuality is technically decriminalized, President Vladimir Putin has persecuted “non-traditional” relationships. Local laws prohibit public demonstrations to demand greater LGBTQ rights—including showing the rainbow Pride flag. One group of LGBTQ activists, however, came up with a clever way to protest the country’s stance by concealing the flag with soccer jerseys.

Lukian 8 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hadn't heard one of them was detained! The whole point of waiting to publish was so they could get safely out of the country. I'd be less than happy and feel like I'd been thrown under the bus. ?

That is really brave. Russian authorities don’t mess around.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:128782
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.