Agnostic.com

10 17

Another one of my cartoons. This one addresses God's role in the book of Job. I'm always floored how quickly the indoctrination kicks in when a Christian sees this. And mostly because I used to defend this shit, too.

So it's mostly just fascination at watching good people who I know are considerate and compassionate in every other facet of their lives as they defend a god who makes wagers with his underlings about whether or not one of his "precious creations" will stay loyal if the underling destroys his life, makes him horribly ill and disease-ridden, and even kills his whole family.

They always say something insane like, "Yes, but God gave him so much more for staying loyal." No matter how much you logic you use the indoctrination keeps them scared of/loyal to this gangster of a deity.

So goddamn thankful I got out.

**Please feel free to post this comic or any of my others on your own page or profile. All I ask is you link back to my page where I publish these by using: @Pixelegion

--
Check me out elsewhere:
[danielpitner.com]
[facebook.com]
[pitnerd.deviantart.com]

pitnerd 4 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

TOO funny!!

Thanks!

Another good one, bro!

Much appreciated!

Uh... why does the devil wear shorts in that cartoon?

Because it's really hot in Hell.

Another fan here!

Much appreciated!

I am your number 1 fan... LOVED

Haha thanks!

I saw this one on of your sites the other day and enjoyed it. Keep it coming!

Thank you so much!

There are so many nonsensical things in that book but Job is up there near the top. Your work is great.

gearl Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

Thanks!

Your work is brilliant!

Duke Level 8 Jan 5, 2018

Thanks, Duke!

Job turned me off to Judaism. Mean son of a bitch this god of his not mine.

Indeed.

It's funny, everyone says there is only one God. But I wonder which one it is; the angry god, loving god, jealous god, the vindictive god and on and on. It seems these gods all have one thing in common, chemically induced emotions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12959
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.