Agnostic.com

29 2

Does “size"matter?

Is there a height preference. I mean, would you as lady date a man shorter than you? Have you ever?

kollector79 5 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm only 5'4" myself so shorter is not as likely - but I have dated a couple almost the same height. I found we fit together nicely, without having to stretch or reach much, during a hug !

Pros and cone to each height, it seems.

@SACatWalker The dancing will definitely get you points !

I’m only 5’3” so it’s rare to find a guy as short as or shorter than me. I did have a few dates with a guy my height....it was really nice to kiss him and not get a sore neck. My preference is 5’ 10” or shorter but I certainly don’t let height stop me from dating someone

Size of his credit score matters. Size of his dick doesn't. Size of his altruism does. Size of his height doesn't. Dated men smaller than 5'. Means nothing if he can bust a move.

His credit score matters? Really? How about the cost of his car. Ferrari, yes; Fiat, no?

@Gatovicolo Car? No. Ability to pay bills on time. Yes.

@Countrywoman
I was just teasing you.

@Gatovicolo I consider myself teased.

I am 5'6" and dated a few men shorter....even one that was only 5'1".
Tallest I ever dated was 6'6".

I don't really care about height. There are far more important criteria.

Yes, I have, and yes, I would date people shorter than I. Within reason. Since I'm 5'9", if I wasn't open to dating people my height or a little shorter, a lot of people would be ruled out. I could do 5' 8 1/2". Ha! Just kidding. Okay, I'd go 5'8" for the right person. More than that, and it would feel weird to me. But, who knows, my someday partner might only be 5'1". Who knows?

I'm 5'11".....I have dated women from 4'9" to 5'11". No preference.

No, I have never had a boyfriend smaller than myself. I am 5ft 5 and my husband was 6ft 6. That is quite a big difference, 13 inches! One of my girlfriends complained to me when we went to dances when we were younger that I should leave the taller men for her as she was about 5ft 10. It didn’t seem to work that way though because the tall ones seemed to go for me. She got tired of waiting for a tall man to come along and decided to emigrate to Australia where she thought there were more tall guys......and she was right, she married a very tall Aussie!

Good for her

I'm a smidgen over 5'3, so shorter men would have to be quite short. I don't really care about height, not really. There was a man shorter than I am that I found very attractive and we got along well. Those I've been with range from 5'7 to 6'2. Generally, I tend to be most attracted to men who are 5'10 or taller.

I'm 6,1, So I haven't met too many women taller than me. But to be honest, I would not have a problem dating a woman taller than me.

Sure, it matters. But not as much as your ability make her laugh & feel comfortable & safe with you, create a fun and relaxed atmosphere, create the excitement that has her calling you and not the other guys.

If your height bothers you, it will bother her. If it doesn't bother you, it won't bother her. Just be confident.

Adding to that, I once went on a first date with someone I met online. His profile indicated he was 5'10", but I arrived and he was no more than 5'5". You're absolutely right that it bothered me because it so obviously bothered him - enough to lie about it.

I'm 5'3".. I have never dated a shorter man than me lol

vmedel Level 6 July 13, 2018

The question then becomes would you?

@kollector79 I love high heels. .so probably I wouldn't. ..

I am now 5'9" (used to be 5'10). I married my first husband at 18 because he was 6.5" and had a nice car. 2nd husband 6', third husband (deceased) was 6'2". I am presently dating someone 6' but before that dated several men who were in the 5'7" range. I ask them before the first date, do you like tall girls and I guess they do as we go out. My daughter is 6' and grandaughter is 6'2" and married to a 6'2" guy. It seems the tall guys like the short girls and don't give the tall girls a chance.

Susieq Level 7 July 13, 2018

Sad,to hear the taller Women lament about the lack of Men who would date them,perhaps the height difference is intimidating?

A have a friend as tall as you... she is open to date guys shorter than her.. but I think guys get intimidated ..

Most of the men I've dated have been shorter than me, but I'm more attracted to men who make ME feel small. I'm 5'7 1/3.

As a petite, pretty woman (5'5" and 115 lbs.), I have been grabbed, sexually assaulted, and verbally sexually-harassed by men since age 15. Three of my supervisors tried to rape me. I don't feel safe in this world.

So, it makes me feel safer to be with a man who is taller and more physically imposing than me.

Sorry you had to go through all that ! hug.

@evergreen
Thank you for your support and understanding.

What is wrong with people?

I'm 5'3, which is pretty short so would prefer someone my height or taller, but not more than say a foot taller lol. So yes, it matters.

Good thing, I'm 5'4 ?

More attracted to people then height. But I've always dated taller. Perhaps taller guys are the ones who ask? lol

I've dated women taller than me, and i was just under 6'. No problem ever. Size doesn't matter, except if a person makes it matter. LLOL

I'm 5'4 so that's kind of hard to do.

Qualia Level 8 July 13, 2018

You'd be hard pressed to find a guy shorter than me, but if I happened across one and enjoyed his company height would not get in the way of dating. I find that taller guys tend to seek out the shorter girls, though. Every guy who has approached me has been over 6' and has specifically commented on my height (5'3" ).

Sane here! I noticed tall guys like our 5-3" standard

Never mattered to me.

I'm 6'8" and it's been my experience that most women won't give tall people the time of day unless they are a pro athlete. I went through my 20s with barely a date even though i owned my own home and had a great job. I didn't get married until I was 38.

I’m 6’2” and every woman I dated has expressed appreciation for my height. Although it gets old getting asked by older women at the grocery store to help them reach the y’all shelf when I don’t even work there. I think culture comes into play here and America/ Europe do express height as a desirable trait in men.

Was at Walmart , struggling to get a gallon of water out of the head high rack , when a man stopped to watch . After I got my gallon down and sat back on the scooter seat , the guy comes to me , and asks to borrow my cane , so he can pull one to the front of the rack .

@Cast1es What a tool!!!

I'm 5 ft. 8 in. and women ask me for help all the time.

I don't mind. My Mom was 5ft 1 in.... I'm used to it. 😉

Really, it gets old? I find that odd. I am taller than a lot of people and I like helping people do those minute helpful things.

@BlueWave That’s good that you like helping others, but stores have employees for a reason; We all have our preferences on social interactions.

@Seajay88 Noted.

I’m 5’8” and much prefer shorter women. Smaller the better.. i have dated taller than me and it was fine, but I love a girl I can toss over my shoulder and carry away like a viking prize to be ravaged.

My husband is 5'4 I'm 5'8. Doesn't bother me.

No!

My sons father was 6'8.
Daughters father is 5'11.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129857
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.