Agnostic.com

67 5

Question for the single people...

Do you, have you, would you have sex with people for the sake of getting laid? The so-called booty call. Do you feel regret after? Do you do it with hopes that they'll eventually want a relationship? Do you make sure your intentions, (or lack thereof) are known? Do you just use people?

valerina 7 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (51 - 67)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had a one-night stand a while back and I didn't like it. Sure the sex was fun, but that was it. Tried making it into a relationship, but they were not interested. Next time I’ll be more reserved about it.

Nope. Because they never end up wanting a relationship and I'm too old to be wasting my time on someone who with never be more than FWB

GwenC Level 7 July 13, 2018

Yes I do have casual sex, nsa, Feb, whatever you want to call it. When I was much younger I wasn't into it. It was not fun unless i was emotionally connected, etc. But where I am in my life right now, casual sex works for me as I am happily single, working on various self improvements. I'm not actively seeking a relationship(I never do...it just does not work that way for me). Sometimes i just want sex, physical closeness without all the drama of dating, to be perfectly honest. I am always totally upfront about this with partners. Sometimes i do catch feelings but I try to be rational about it(is this REALLY a good match for me or am I just getting addicted to the sex euphoria?). If I do use people, they are fully aware and ok with it. Being pansexual, I do not have this with women generally as they generally want or "need" an emotional connection but I honestly don't know if that is real or just what we have been indoctrinated to believe...

I don't see any issues with sex for the sake of sex, as long as both are on the same page. Personally I refuse to not be up front. There has been some that I did developed feelings for. My wife passed away almost 3 years ago and I have had a few women that were just "booty calls" that were initiated by them. We were upfront about what this was. That way neither of us would get hurt.

I've had sex for its own sake, and too often because I felt sorry for myself over an unrequited love or lack of a love relationship. In the unlikely event a roll-in-the-hay opportunity should occur in the future, I couldn't say with 100 per cent assurance that I'd pass it up. But bottom line: I'd rather have sex in a committed, romantic relationship.

Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is sign on as its accomplice. - Tom Robbins. Sex. Dang. How can there be a rule about that? I haven't had sex for years. I used to make love a lot. Guess I haven't felt the ultimate outlaw vibe or found the right accomplice.

I’ve done the casual sex thing and found it enjoyable but it pales in comparison to sex with a girlfriend that I love very much.

PaulD Level 5 July 20, 2018

I had a FWB arrangement with a woman once, and we wound up becoming boyfriend and girlfriend. That wasn't a bad thing, it just wasn't what we started out saying we wanted to be. I've not had such an arrangement since.

I've had the experience of getting together with a friend sexually, and she and I tried to see if we could sustain the romance and didn't, to our mutual disappointment. I've also been platonic friends with an ex-girlfriend for a while, which worked out more or less okay because we didn't try to be best buddies but did continue to enjoy one anothers' company.

Yup, yup, nope, never, I try to, no.

In this day and age (geez, just typing that makes me feel old!), there are so many ways in which a sexually active person could seriously hinder their quality of life - between inconvenient STDs to deadly STDs, why risk that simply for an orgasm or three? I have a strong sex drive, but I can take care of my own needs, and did so even when I was married. I know what I want, and how I want it, and how often I want it. That said, I do have a few gentlemen friends who are great huggers, one is even a great kisser, and (at this point in time) I am good with the body contact, the snuggling.

"Sex: the pleasure is momentary, the position ridiculous, and the expense damnable."

• Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield
Rustee Level 7 July 17, 2018

At this point I think I would be willing to give it a try. Been single for 6 years, only a couple of dates in that time, nothing serious. Might be fun to live more frivolously for a change, though I doubt it's really in me. Difficult to change one's stripes.

I can't imagine what it would be like to feel like I have any chance of an intimate encounter with anyone ever again. It's a level of self confidence which I only ever dreamed of.

Awww this makes me sad. I won't pry, but I hope you find your confidence again.

I have standards and have grown to the point of no longer desiring to be with any theist even for a quick booty call as I consider the mind to be the most attractive attribute of a woman and those who place faith (belief without evidence) over reality, are not attractive to me. As most all in this part of the world are theists, I almost always sleep alone.

I don't wouldn't won't but that's a kinda rule iv given myself

I haven't got my first yet. So I can't relate. Lol

Matty Level 3 July 13, 2018

Intercourse would be welcomed into the equation once I actually got to know the woman first, to determine how compatible we are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129939
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.