Agnostic.com

14 3

About blocking.. Am I being harsh?

No pic, no bio, no participation, low level, and looked at my profile with all my business exposed: I block. Am I being harsh? Or are they being snakey little trolls?

LilAtheistLady 7 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Follow your gut. If you feel uneasy for any reason - go for it , that's what blocking is there for !

i block as an alternative to arguing with someone. I would kill them in debate, so I am being merciful.

I don't know why people take it so seriously. Unless they are my friend it doesn't bother me if get blocked and I don't expect it to bother the people that I block either.

Gareth Level 7 July 15, 2018

I look at it this way, I'm here for community, for my own enjoyment, and hopefully, to contribute now and then in a positive manner. Sometimes what I think is positive may not seem that way to others, and disagreement will ensue. Civil disagreement is acceptable, even welcome, snide and cutting remarks will get you blocked; likewise, if I see posts by an individual that are continuously and pointlessly negative, or abusive - toward me or just in general; blocked. Racists, Trumpanzees and gun "enthusiasts" , blocked. I'm here for myself, to learn and, if possible contribute positively, I'm not tolerating assholes of any stripe, and you don't need to either.

You know your comfort level - and trolls are real - so you should go with your instincts for the same reason @chalupacabre stated (great answer!).

Personally, I'm good with someone viewing my profile so I wouldn't block them right off. They could be checking me out to confirm the intent behind one of my posts, or they could have seen it by mistake. Should they PM me while their profile was missing, I would respond by telling them how they would get more from the site - and me - by adding that info. If they persist, I would be inclined to block at that point.

Lauren Level 8 July 14, 2018

Not harsh at all, you're refining your Agnostic.com experience

Seems a little harsh but it's ok. There are billions of people in the world you don't have to interact with all of them 🙂

JimmyM Level 7 July 14, 2018

Sometime back I looked up how to block someone , but I've forgotten how it's done , and can't find the directions again . How do I block someone ?

Pick up a concrete block and throw itt at them.

Go to their profile. It's an option on the right hand side.

@Gareth Thank you !

If you are not having any kind of profile are you hiding something ??

Rosh Level 7 July 14, 2018

I’m constantly annoyed that whenever my cursor drags across a ‘face’ -- their profile pops up … that’s about as close as I get to knowing or caring 😉

Varn Level 8 July 14, 2018

Why would you cut a complete unknown off....the fact that they just found this site is somehow "wrong"? ( and that since they just got here they are adapting/learning before inadvertently posting stupid stuff?)
Yes I think you are a bit harsh....not all good men are blabbermouths, ya know? Unless that is a need of yours......

I never used to, but recently I have taken to blocking idiots, they make one stupid post or idiotic comment and I can't be bothered talking to then, had enough of that shit on FB.

Block the bastard. It wasn't me !

I believe some of the other ladies here have had similar experiences.

Good move. I even block men who don't post photos or profiles.

I also block anyone who is rude, crude, or lewd, to either me or any other woman.

I block men who say they do hook ups, are married, or are polyamorous.

Also those who say they love to hunt, fish, golf..

@Maiasaura Catch and release still injures the fish..for some man's recreational pleasure. Anyone who'd do that is NO friend of mine.

Miniature golf at least implies the guy is doing it with his romantic partner, although it's a lame form of entertainment.

@Maiasaura To be clear, if someone is lost in the wilderness, or in dire need, fishing for food is OK..just not for entertainment/pleasure, for no good reason. Same with hunting..if someone shoots an attacking rabid bear, that's OK, but just to shoot random animals for recreation..NOT ok.

@birdingnut Hunting and fishing are no-no’s for me, as well. I have trouble being around people who could enjoy hurting another creature.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:130398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.