Agnostic.com

14 1

What's your favorite movie that 'pokes fun' at religion?

Mine is definitely "Dogma", the Kevin Smith classic.

chuckles 6 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just watched a good one on Netflix called "Good Satan". Pretty low budget but pretty dam funny.

OMNG Level 3 Feb 27, 2018

I'm surprised "Sausage Party" isn't on there, yet. Here is a "don't judge by the cover" for sure.

Can never go wrong with "Life of Brian."

"Saved" is pretty decent too.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions....I only remembered Regliousity.

Galaxies Are Colliding

It’s not my favorite movie, but “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” is a lot of fun, and one of the most blatantly unflattering allegories for Christianity that I’ve seen in a mainstream movie recently. The story is basically “Jesus (Starlord) meets his estranged Dad (Ego), bonds with his Dad, realizes his Dad is actually a psychopathic prick who killed his Mom, then kills his Dad to save the Universe.”

"The Life of Brian"
"Jeffrey" (A gay comedy based on a play).

I found "Dogma" and "Religilous" to just be OK. I expected them to be better.

There are a lot, but I have a particular soft spot for The Invention of Lying. 🙂

NIce! I don't remember that one coming around, will have to check it out, thanks!

Loved it! Ricky always makes me laugh.

Dogma, Life of Bryan, and Religilous...all good ones. I was hoping to hear others (ones I haven't seen, to be specific). We'll see if anyone else has any.

DOGMA is the shit! "Guys like us don't just fall out of the sky ya know!"

Religulous

Life of Brian. Looks like I'm in good company 🙂

Dogma and The Life Of Bryan

Dogma
Religulous (documentary)

Dogma

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.