Agnostic.com

10 1

Most terrifying experience?

What is the most terrifying experience you've ever had that made you fear for your life, even if your life wasn't in danger? I still remember mine like it was yesterday. I wrote a story. It's up on YouTube. Look it up if you want. In the Dark by Lugo428. The uploaded is Ladynarration.

Lugo1993 4 Oct 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mine is actually two together both within an hour of each other.

I was hiking alone in the backcountry of the foothills west of Calgary, I was enjoying the peace and quiet and the sight of the occasional deer or bird I came upon. I was hiking up a creek through eye level willow and alder when I heard a russell in the brush ahead of me a few feet. Oh, I thought. When suddenly up stands a grizzly bear 15 feet ahead of me looking down at me, it goes down the ground with a crash. I remember thinking, I'm dead, I'm dead and then why am I still alive? I knew that at 15 feet I didn't even have time to piss myself. A moment later I heard another noise and look over to a slope, saw the bear running up it at about 40 mph and breathed a sigh of relief and continued up the creek into a ravine. The ravine was a series of rock escarpment followed by meadows behind each of them. I step out from behind one of them and there about 15 feet away i was facing a bull moose head down preparing to charge; now if there is one thing in this world you do not want to tangle with it is a moose, once they commit they don't stop until you are a pile of bloody lifeless rags. My brain must have been working because in mid step i reversed course back behind the rocks. I peeked around after a minute or so, and it was still there and had actually advance on me so, I hid in the rock until the moose yielded the meadow about 30 minute later.

Hmm my most terrifying experiences involved loved ones, not me (watching husband die of cancer, searching house for body of my possibly suicided daughter). The scariest that directly threatened MY life was when I got an epidural when birthing my daughter, the anesthetist placed the needle in a vein, delivering a know heart stopping drug durectly to my heart. I thought I would die and hoped the baby would survive it. Pretty awful.

Zster Level 8 Oct 15, 2017

I had an ex who was bipolar and schizoid effective. Very frightening and dangerous. He never touched me, but there was hate in his eyes. I got him out and he died a couple of years later. I was very relieved.

I know that look I have encountered it a few time it can be horrifying.

Yes, very scary. A support group told me I did the right thing.

I tried getting rid of my fear of heights at Carowinds in South Carolina by riding a roller coaster named the Nighthawk I think, and they didn't strap me in properly. You're sitting down, but then they press a button and the seats lay you down, still in a sitting position; you go upside down, twist around and everything. Well, just 5 seconds into the ride and we go upside, I start to slide out of my seat, if it wasn't for my cousin I would have completely slid out and fell at least 30 feet to the ground. I remember there being a puddle and a Big rock at the bottom. I would have definitely died if I didn't have such strong legs to hold onto the the thing that separated my legs and my cousin wasn't strong, if she hadn't of grabbed me.

I was 17 or 18... I was sitting at a friend's house talking on the phone. My friend had gone to the store. I was there with her 2 kids and her bf. Her kids were around 1 to 3 at the time. Their dad came from the back room and walked out the front door. Seconds later he rushed back in but someone was right on his heels with a gun. They wrestled and the gun went off. As soon as I saw the gun I screamed and ran out the back. The kids were smart enough to run out with me. It was around Christmas. Those poor babies cried every time they heard fire works after that. The dad still thinks I saved his babies even though I didn't know they even followed me until I heard them crying halfway in the woods. I had to turn around to get them. I still feel bad about not making sure they were with me, but your fight or flight response is strong. Anyway, I banged on the first neighbors house I got to screaming and thinking my friend was dead. I heard the gun go off a few times. He wasn't dead, didn't even get shot thankfully.

Going for my first kiss with a girl I liked.

SamL Level 7 Oct 12, 2017

I was living alone (unless you count a cockatiel) in a 25-ft trailer in east Los Angeles county in California. One night, I was getting ready for a date, and what sounded like three men talking outside came to my door and started trying to force it open. I went completely still and silent to see if they would assume I wasn't home, and eventually they left. I was terrified to go out and find if they were still there waiting.

When I was six, my father took me hiking in the High Sierra. We had stopped to eat near a cliff as we were getting up I was goofing off walking backwards, and my father in a calm but very stern voice Said, Paul! Stop and don't move. Take a step forward and turn around. I had been inches away from the edge of the cliff and had I taken one more step back I would have been dead, and there is no question about it. Down below was a substantial 75-foot drop straight down onto large boulders. That's not the only time my father saved my life, but that was the scariest

definitly loosing someone that you deeply love

I'm afraid of getting older 😟

It beats the alternative.

Not sure why that would be, there is nothing you can do about it why worry.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.