Agnostic.com

28 2

If you had to sit and listen to an album today from beginning to end , what would it be?

Mixxx 5 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

By "today," do you mean today's music? I love:

"Miles of Aisles" by Joni Mitchell
"Unplugged" by Eric Clapton
"The Slow Lane" by Anton Schwartz, jazz saxophone
"Again" by Ella Fitzgerald and Joe Pass
"Sterling" by The Nylons
"The Premonition Years" by jazz singer Patricia Barber, first CD of a set.
"Encore" by Kenny Rankin

@Mixxx
Yes, The Nylons are a gay men's group that has been singing together for over 25 years. Five years ago, I attended their concert. Fell in love with their harmonies.

A-ha’s.......MTV Unplugged (2017)......brilliant acoustic reworking of some of the most iconic music of the 80s. Slowed down and without the synthesisers, but adding orchestral strings. These guys are so underrated especially in USA. I do listen to this entire album all the time!

Didn't even know they were still around. Did they do a version of "Stay On These Roads"?

@BobbyJaan Yes, Stay on these Roads is one of the tracks on this album. It was recorded live on midsummer’s night last year at Giske in Norway with guest artistes and in front of a small audience. The version of Take on Me used in Deadpool 2 is from this album. They have split up a couple of times but never completely, and are on tour in Europe, Asia and South America at the moment. They have a huge back catalogue of original music which is hardly known in USA but they are still popular around the world. Morten Harket is 58 now, but that voice is still magic!

@Marionville Just watched it on YouTube. Harket is the same age as me and he looks like he's aged 2 weeks since the 80's. He might've even got better looking. You're right, voice is still there.

@BobbyJaan That’s why I am a fan. We used to call him sex on legs, and he’s still a pretty damn sexy guy still! But it is the unique voice I love most....honest!

Days of Future Past-Moody Blues-background music.

Yes. I keep that in the Music folder on my phone for easy access.

Every Good Boy Deserves Favor is my favorite Moody Blues.

Houses of the Holy

@Mixxx saw that done in concert 🙂

Abby Road.

That is the Beatles album for me

1. Pink Floyd: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON;
  2. Paul Simon: SURPRISE!

@Mixxx especially if you really listen to the lyrics. Simon us a lyrical genius, on par with Dylan, Cohen, etc., in my book.

"The Last Waltz" - The Band

@Lincoln55 Oh yes - and all the rest.

'Ziggy Stardust', 'Graceland', the Beatles' white album or 'Ram' (Paul McCartney)... maybe 'Spike' (Elvis Costello), 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn'... this isn't easy!

Ziggy Sardust.... made loud to be played loud 🙂

A used record store just opened up down my street yesterday, so whatever I find there today is what I'll be listening to from beginning to end.

Just bought an old scratchy and autographed copy of the first Black Oak Arkansas LP. So that's my pick. Not exactly critical darlings but they were huge for a couple of years.

N'sync no strings attached.

Because I have an audition today, I'd want to hear something upbeat--either "Beatles '65" or "Flood" by They Might Be Giants.

Today I'm in the mood for Wishbone Ash Live Dates. I love the two lead guitars.

Porcupine Tree- In Absentia

OR

Steven Wilson- Hand. Cannot. Erase

OR

Pink Floyd- The Wall

Every single track is a masterpiece.

Sgt. Pepper.....

In a strange mood today - - Richard Strauss - An Alpine Symphony, Op. 64

the police - Synchronicity

Cafe Tacvba... Re

Cafe Tacvba... Re

Dead Cross - Dead Cross

American Idiot by Green Day

MCMXC a.D. by Enigma

In the Lonely Hour by Sam Smith

" Kind of Blue ", by Miles Davis.

Stop Making Sense -- Talking Heads

“Thirteenth Step” A Perfect Circle

Either Bob Marley's Legends", or Lily and Madeleine's "Fumes".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:131399
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.