Agnostic.com

2 1

QUESTION Necessity of Judeo-Christian values and traditions in Western Culture

Eric Weinstein says that Judeo-Christianity is a pillar of western culture. I think maybe it is a rock from which stone was cut. Stone used to make the pillars of which he speaks.

JLFowler 6 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Weinstein addresses the wrong issue. The question is, "is that a good thing?" And generally speaking, it is not.

Well, I believe that most of these values are somehow shared amongst all the cultures, regardless their religion. Things like not kill, not steal, be good to your parents, pray (whoever or whatever is your reference god), charity. Some other "values" are more practical. The thing that muslims do not eat porks is mostly because this religion is coming from very hot countries and high temperatures and pork meat do not get along well. I believe people should become the better version of themselves, regardless their spiritual believes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13168
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.