Agnostic.com

8 5

Why do people prefer to be ignorant?

Why do people prefer to be ignorant about things?

Ashxoleyxo 5 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

its less work

weeman Level 7 July 17, 2018

"It's bliss"?

I guess in a way it is, no one likes to be put out of their comfort zone.

It doesn’t fit into their world view so they don’t attempt to make sense of it...

PDF Level 5 July 16, 2018

That is so true and so sad at the same time.

Because Google is hard

LOL

The more you learn , the more you realize how much you don't know . People who are ignorant , think they already know it all .

I dunno.

I think the majority of people never give any thought to the question. Most folks inherit their religion from their parents and never think beyond it . It is probably not deliberate ignorance but simply that they have never questioned their belief in god and are not curious enough to find out about alternatives.

I agree completely, the fact that I was just as ignorant before makes me facepalm myself.

When your co-worker doesn't know how they feel and says, "Hmm...I'm agnostic about it." Smh...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:131939
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.