Agnostic.com

6 2

I tell you this. The religious man thinks of his life in heaven. The metaphysical man uses science to believe that though there is no fairy tell goddess, he will live yet... forever. You know, because atoms cannot be created or destroyed??? I however wonder, does my personal concious live on? If not, why am I even writing any of this? The Buddhist says I am nothing and everything at the same time. You tell me this Buddha, why does my mind recoil from constriction? Why does my light beg me to shine? If this little light of mine wants to shine, how comes it that this light was not mine?

Pnomadik 3 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"I think. Therefore, I am." - Rene Descarte

"When I cease to think, I cease to be." - Duke

Duke Level 8 Jan 7, 2018

I am a child of the Universe. I do have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to me at the time, there can be no doubt that the Universe is unfolding exactly as it should. Therefore I am at peace with myself, others, the Universe.

It is your light, not someone elses. And the answers aren't out there, they're with in you.

Dude, how much weed have you smoked?.... I kind of hear(listen) to what your saying. But I try to base my suspicion on all the scientific facts that are accepted an proven. Without getting long winded,all get to my strong suspicion that everything that has happened or will happen exist somewhere in the infinite vastness of space time. so called life or so called death is a construct of the human mind. We all are a part of existence however a infinitely small part of the true nature of existence. In essance i theorize that we have or will have experienced every moment of existence whatever that true nature of existence is. We are made of energy and matter as all existence is. Those properties transform but do not cease to exist,therefore we do not cease to exist,only transform.....shit! Maybe I smoked to much as well!.

I had had a few to drink! It is just that the waters have become so muddied. I remember 20 years ago I wanted to study magick. It was recommended that I study Carl Jung first, so I did and then went on to Crowley. I have learned so much since then and gained valuable insight into the nature of man and spiritualality. But I am more uncertain now than then. I know this sounds like a cliche but still. I have recently stepped it up a notch In my meditation. I think I understand what I want to achieve there. But anyway, still confused! Lol

@Pnomadik Cool! I feel your pain as well....what a a trip it is,being human!

I don't know a lot about Buddhists. Sorry.

So many questions about one religion. Many more questions about others.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13210
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.