Agnostic.com

44 4

If you get invited to go to someone’s church, do you?

I have to be honest, for the most part I don’t go unless I really think the person is cool. Church is not just my thing lol. It’s boring for the most part and usually leave me feeling sleepy.

EmeraldJewel 7 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments (26 - 44)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only to attend weddings or funerals.

I might if I cared for them and it would mean a lot to them-There are worse favors to do for people. If it were some ruse to turn me to the light, that would become uncomfortable for all that were involved!

Oh no, that ship sailed away a long time ago....

No, with the exception of weddings and funerals.

Not a chance in Hell (which happens to be in Mesa, Arizona).

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Thanks for asking but no.

Oh for heaven's (goodness) sake go! It's not a big deal and the boredom will restore your faith (trust) in atheism.

I thank them for the invitation but I do not go.

No.

Hahahaha.... Nope.

Katrik Level 7 July 16, 2018

Nope

I've always been too accommodating to religious friends. I've always gone every time that they asked me. To so many types of churches. From now on I want to tell them I'm a Freethinker and see if they still respect me. I want to know the truth.

no what a weird ting to invite someone to

weeman Level 7 July 16, 2018

NOPE! (Well...unless it's a funeral or wedding.) But, my friends all know I'm an atheist so I'm not invited to churches.

I actually would, mostly out of curiosity as I've never been to a church service. It would be under the strict understanding that, at the first hint of an attempt to convert me, I'd be straight out the door, however.

Jnei Level 8 July 16, 2018

Unless it is a special personal occasion for that person (wedding, etc.) I would politely decline. Unless you are studying religious rites, or you are supporting your friend, there is no reason to go. Remember Thales pointed out circa 625 BCE that we should be true to ourselves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:132407
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.