Agnostic.com

10 6

This afternoon I was informed of my good friendโ€™s death. I knew that it was inevitable (and even moreso when I was told he was given 48 hours) but I have moments when the impact from this really punches me. I am grateful to have known such a wonderful person. Salt of the earth, shirt off the back, gentle giant. Hug your friends. Thanks for reading ๐Ÿ™‚

MyLiege 7 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My heart goes out to you. I received a text today reminding me of our dear friend's birthday today. He died of aids over 30 years ago.

Many loss a loved one to aids. My sympathy thru the years to you.

Knowing that it is coming has never helped the blow. If you are friends with your good friend on facebook, and no one deletes the account, write to your friend when it gets rough. I have two friends are still haunting facebook and I tell them on occasions to get the hell up and start the apunkalypse, those lazy bastards. Sometimes with a little bit of tears, but always with a smile.

Great friends are worth missing, and tears. I lost two unexpectedly in the last two years. They were my age. I greatly sympathize with you.

Zster Level 8 Jan 6, 2018

Very sorry for your loss.
It's always heartbreaking to lose someone close to you, but like you, I try to be grateful for the time I had with them.

I think your friend will be staying with you now. It is cool we all get to live on through people who remember us.

jeffy Level 7 Jan 7, 2018

It is hard to loose contact with those who truly mean something to us. The absence of that contact will be felt for a long time.

On 10 July, 2017, my brother-in-law was killed in a KC-130 that fell apart over Mississippi. It's been brutal... and that's for me. I've also had to watch my sister suffer, and deal with the fact that she's a widow now and no longer feels connected to life at all. I wish, after this, that I knew how to comfort a fellow traveler in his struggle with grief. But I did read a great book: It's Okay that You're not Okay by Megan Devine.

Be you, be present, and know that even those of us who say stupid things, still love you. We're just struggling to find a way to show that.

My heart goes out to you.

[amazon.com]

Heartfelt condolences

'Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope it was a good death, no suffering.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13286
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.