Agnostic.com

39 11

Does anybody else hate automatic flushing toilets?

They always flush before you're ready for them to.

Mea 7 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments (26 - 39)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not a fan, especially when they start flushing while you;re still seated!

Yes! You should find Demetri Martin's bit on automatic bathroom technology - hilarious!

sigh

I don't like them because I turn around and take a moment to ponder how I'm assimilating my food. Sinking? Lots of bubbles? Is fiber doing its job? I'm not picking it up and checking, but I look. You can tell a lot about general health by looking...

... I feel a little bit bad about myself now having admitted that... then again, you've gotta look! So, PSA...

I also look and dislike auto-flush for that reason. I almost bled out twice in my 20's. Since they had no idea why after the first time, I was diligent and caught the second time sooner but still... The first time I was in Juneau, AK. The second time I was in Vancouver, BC which is why I'm still alive.

I used to travel extensively for work and most airports and lots of businesses have autoflush. I lost my first Blackberry in the Chicago (ORD) airport - I banged the holster on the stall door and it executed a perfect dive into the bowl and Autoflushed to oblivion.

They have them now where the lid closes after your finished.

That would be so much better! One of the reasons I dislike public toilets in general is because they generally don't have lids that can be closed before flushing.

They have them at Fidelity in Merrimack, NH where I worked a few contracts. Started getting into the bad habit of not flushing anywhere else.

godef Level 7 July 17, 2018

At least they take care of people that dont

Buddha Level 8 July 17, 2018

I like them so I don't have to touch anything, but yeah.. the flushing too soon is annoying. Lil creepy with a urinal cause a lot seem to flush while you're still standing there and finish pissing, like they somehow know.

Im convinced that the sensor on urinals is a camera waiting for the first rumor of a shake to activate. Quit watching me pee! ?

They don't bother me.

Ha ha ha! I'm never able to do a "courtesy flush" before the final flush! 🤔 Larry in western Kentucky

Not as much as I hate unflushed toilets in public restrooms!!!!!!!!

Why does anyone think they are a good idea?

Carin Level 8 Feb 12, 2019

Never thought about it but on reflection they probably are a bit spooky!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133134
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.