Agnostic.com

30 4

How unusual is it for men to not like sports?

I often think I'm a bit unusual for being male and not being a fan of the usual "manly" sports. There's no way I'm going to spend my precious hours watching baseball, football, soccer, basketball, wrestling, boxing, etc. Basketball seems especially ludicrous to me. After all, you have these hyper-growth guys who've practiced their lives away just to get proficient at throwing a big, brown ball through a hoop. Golf is pretty much the same, except you don't have to be tall to excel. The idea of clubbing and chasing a tiny ball around in the heat and cold is just plain craziness to my way of thinking. Most men, however, seem to like these activities. So, just how rare is my failure to have an interest in these sports? By the way, all through high school, I was so unformed that I faked my interest in the usual sports, even going so far as to join a team. I was miserable the entire season.

RobLawrence 7 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't watch sports. I really don't give a damn about any sport, team, or athlete. A few people have thought it weird, but those are the kind of people who have a hard time understanding that not everyone likes what they like. I see it as a sign of being self centered and probably won't associate with those people anyway.

One other interesting note while we're on the subject, I notice throughout my life that the men who love chit chatting about sports do it at all levels - pros, college, even high school, and they tend to be physically unathletic and dorky in nature. I get the impression were never sporty themselves and tend to hero-worship at a young age and continue into their adult lives.

I am great at avoiding, and denigrating, all things spartz. Always have been.

No university should have any support for public spartz teams,.... A significant example of using children to satisfy the needs of collective mental illness.

Only good things about spartz: keeps a very large number of people off the streets, and distracted from war.

Well, don't get me started.

JacarC Level 8 July 17, 2018

Most men don't care about them, but the load crowds love them...

I’m male and I hate organized sports, always have.

PDF Level 5 July 17, 2018

I should clarify, I enjoy playing golf periodically, find it relaxing, and like bowling with my kids but team sports and being a spectator, no way.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133181
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.