Agnostic.com

5 3

How do you personify what you *are* rather than focusing on what you are not.

There are a lot of anti-theist posts popping up but I'm curious to know in what capacity you are living your own life. How do you honor your own truth? Would you change anything about how you presently live in order to be more true to yourself?

macrobius 6 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am on Phase 3 of my life. Retired I am in a more Relax state about everything surrounding me. Not worried for not finding the "holy grail". Not panic for not having a date on date night. Like the old general that lives on retirement replaying his battles. I made it to an age I never thought I will be there to. And realizing I still got a lot to live for and do. Under management of my man on the mirror. Happy about the choices I didn't make because they are not souring my life at this moment. My glass always been half full. Still believer of sacrifice, of love, of you and I make us we. There is a soulmate a spirit match, a partner in crime to be a witness of my life. I am True to myself and I. So alone or not alone I will get by... And if she appears in front of my eyes... I will be True to her so Help Me I.

I've been thinking about this too. For me, it's starting to become about presence, how much I can be in the moment rather than ruminating on the past or the future. Since I've been single I've found it a bit disconcerting how people define themselves by what they like or don't like. What they will or won't do. Of course some of it is terribly important but some of it seems unnecessarily confining.

as far as religion goes I look at my dogs and their belief is the same as mine.

Leigh I am sorry I missed your comment on my first browse. That dog analogy made me chuckle, and at the same time it rang so true🙂

that's ok mate

I am working on unbecoming. When you erase yourself, wondrous space opens up.

Am I this?

Am I that?

Am I?

The less that I "am", the more "myself" I feel. That is my truth.

Makes sense, and makes me want to understand that in my own life.

I'm not sure that I fully comprehend the question. How I live IS being true to myself. Trying to change that, is me trying to become something other than me.

Duke Level 8 Jan 7, 2018

@macrobius Each of us has a relative truth. So, I'm still not sure I understand the question. I eat. I drink. I sleep. I poop. Just like everyone else. I breathe the same air. For me, personally, music makes me feel alive. Yet, we have a society that is built on personal finance. So, I work a job to earn money to have shelter for my family. As for a sense of purpose... No. I don't really have a sense of "purpose". Does my existence require one? I don't believe that it does. If I DO have a sense of purpose, it often changes depending on my life situation at any given moment.

@macrobius I'd play guitar a lot more. If money wasn't an issue, I'd travel more.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.