Agnostic.com

9 3

QUESTION CREATURE KIND

I am a creature friendly person but honestly, I still have issues with veganism. I know how passionate people are about animal cruelty, but is it the blood that concerns them or life? If it's life, we all know that plants do have life-right?

Do plant's lives matter to Vegans? What about bacteria that live in our mouth? Why do Vegan brush? What about scientific experiments that help get better treatments to humans?

I mean, brushing and bathing kills the creatures that feed on us. What about water that we treat and drink? It's a habitat for some tiny creatures. I was invited to a dinner by a Christian NGO called Creature Kind, mostly on a strong mission of changing the way religious people think about animals--well it's just another way of promoting veganism. Where do you draw the line?

Humanlove 7 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We are part of the food chain, that is the evolution of this planet. From the microscopic organism to the blue whale something must die so another may survive.

Big corporate farms/ranches are not known for treating livestock well. There have been documentaries made of severe animal abuse with overcrowding, mishandling, and slaughtering all in the name of efficiency and profit. Smaller farms/ranches have a better reputation for animal care.

Betty Level 8 Jan 7, 2018

In the Creature Kind logo, what’s that guy doing to the pig?

Bottom line: if I don't eat I die.

We're all a big circle of life. We feed on plants and other animals. Other animals might feed on us if they get a chance, hopefully with our "superior" minds that won't happen. When those animals (including us) die we decompose and eventually feed the plants and other organisms.

My choice is to eat as close to natural as possible. I eat less meat because I don't like the meat industry in the US. I eat plants of all types and I choose to eat non gmo and organic when I can. I also compost and have a worm box, so what I don't eat or cook of the plants is returned to nourish future plants.

My bottom line is I have to keep me as healthy as possible. I had to increase my animal protein due to anemia, so I eat more eggs and somewhat more fish. It also has to be convenient for me to cook/prepare it. I do garden during the summer, I avoid cheap wheat products as frequently the wheat is treated with Roundup prior to harvest to speed up the harvest. IMHO Monsanto (maker of roundup) is an evil corporation.

When my kids come for dinner I have cook meat, but usually not pork. One of the kids won't eat pork and the Sons-in-law think meat is necessary.

If you're going to live a healthy life you're going to have to drink water regardless of the tiny creatures. I think you can eat a vegan diet and be healthy. If you choose not to brush your teeth you will have to deal with the consequences. Do plants have rights, not in my opinion. As for micro-organisms, nope, I'm going to do what is best for me.

Sounds like you're doing a fantastic job of it. 👍

This piece represents my choices, thank you.good job.

From what I have heard the increase in veganism and vegetarians is that. The life of more animals is taken because the farmers need to protect their crops against pest rats squirrels raccoons skunks birds etc. There is also fundamental reasons to eat some sort of protein. We have rather large brains our brains need nourishment in the form of protein, neglect from nourishment the brain begins to break down.

@CMilena not in the quantities required to support a healthy brain. Often people on low protein diets require lithium and serotonin to maintain stable mental health.

For those who are vegans because of pacifist reasons it's a false reason. The fact is that livestock is produced based on demand. More vegetarian means less cows. IIf their dietary practices are for other reasons it's valid

@CMilena I'm not arguing about being a vegetarian. Thats a personal choice. What I said was that if it's for pacifist reasons it's not a valid argument.

I don't like to eat things that could potentially recognize me. Also I'm just a picky eater and don't like the texture of most animal products or the taste. There are a bunch of other reasons that I could throw around but it's really just a texture thing for me..... I will go full super vegan on someone if they pick on me for what I eat or are just being shitty lol I don't go around calling people murders for eating flesh

Is this a reputation?

@0752532706 I think Im mashing a button that double posts things......

@Pooska it's okay, I am not offended by that---thank goodness I am not American.

Oh we're not that bad.....in small groups....large groups we start trying to invade and build McDonald's everywhere

I don't like to eat things that could potentially recognize me. Also I'm just a picky eater and don't like the texture of most animal products or the taste. There are a bunch of other reasons that I could throw around but it's really just a texture thing for me..... I will go full super vegan on someone if they pick on me for what I eat or are just being shitty lol I don't go around calling people murders for eating flesh

That's kind of you. To each their own,isn't it?

If anyone wants to restrict their diet for health purposes, then more power to 'em. When it comes to the morality of killing animals and plants, then I have a hard time following along. I mean, just because a potato can't scream, it doesn't mean that it doesn't feel pain, right? We eat to survive, and we have evolved to eat animals as well as plants. It's that whole circle-of-life stuff.

Hats down for you. I have seen plants shading tears after s cut on their stems,I see scars on the plants and sometimes they don't recover from injury. They die too.

I am a PETA member you know the group: People Eating Tasty Animals. I draw the line at eating animals that are still alive or eating parts of animals that are still alive like prairie oysters. I do like eating vegetables though and try to eat vegetarian once or twice a week.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13332
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.