Agnostic.com

34 4

What's the best excuse for being late you've ever used or heard?

I was coming across the bridge and a Swan hit me. Is the best I've heard. Also I had to go back home because I forgot to have breakfast. I was recently almost late because I was cuddling my cat and forgot the time ?

Josephine 7 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My goat is kidding & I'm covered in goo.

Carin Level 8 July 23, 2018

Went to get a quick hike in!

I was at the shopping mall and forgot where my car was.

"Yeah but I'm still early for tomorrow"

I got high

Late to biz meeting in another state went into meeting with approximately 200 people in the room. Pres ask why we were late
Alien abduction

Everybody laughed and we got away with it.

cava Level 7 July 18, 2018

Just recently, on the way out the door, pushed a large glass bottle of olive oil onto the tile floor. To make it worse, I have dogs that would have licked up the oily shards.
Truly the worst mess Ever, and dangerously slippery too. Oh, and the grout sucking up the oil was So helpful!

I had said more than once.... if somebody was going to be late, it has to be me. I was never good at dates, I will get dress and hope she call and cancel so I will go somewhere else. I liked the Freedom to hunt more than the best date ever. That was me. I got caught a few times after breaking up a date... life in the hunting grounds.

"I am late for a liver transplant" he told the officer who stopped him for speeding. The problem is, it was true. I wasn't an excuse.

<Smug mode>
I've worked from home for myself for 15 years now. Never late as I manage my own time. 🙂
</Smug mode>

Two of them from the same friend--after a massive flood she sent her boss a photo of the street, which was under chest-high water. And after a huge snowfall she sent the same boss a photo of her car, buried under several feet of snow, with a small bit cleared off and the note 'This took an hour and a half.'

"Sorry, I was in Poland this morning" was a memorable one from a junior colleague recently.

Jnei Level 8 July 18, 2018

I can never think of these things on the spot. Not really sure of any crazy excuses I've heard, I'm sure I've given a few though! XD

I drank too much last night

Mokvon Level 8 July 18, 2018

A freak accident involving a toaster, hippo, and a bag of frozen peas. You don't want to know the details.

Someone came to work late once and just said "I would have been on time but I didn't really want to." Good to be honest at least.

Sorry I am late, I didn't want to come.

Nobody should be pressured into doing that

The flying saucer that kidnapped me ran out of gas…

i had to kill a blind rabbit said i to my boss

weeman Level 7 July 17, 2018

Ship ran aground, Sir.

Someone smashed my car window and I had to file a police report and get the window fixed.

Hermit Level 7 July 17, 2018

"It was dark, so instead of taking my blood pressure medication I took an opana."

He didn't last very long.

I have been late several times going to remote Thailand schools because public transport songtheah wouldn't stop for me. I had to ask my boss for a lift a couple of times before I learned to take a songtheah to an intersection south of town where all the songtheaw had to stop.

I usually err in the direction of early, so it isn't a common problem for me.

I remember being in school, my then best friend walked into class a full 30 minutes late. The teacher asked him for an explanation. “Traffic was bad” he said.

...he lived across the road from school. We laughed for ages.

The British rail network has some the best reasons for delays;
Leaves on the line
The wrong type of snow

The the prize goes to an Indian airline
We apologize for your delayed flight. This is due to the pilot being eaten by a tiger

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.