Agnostic.com

68 7

How many places have you lived in your lifetime?

Which was your favorite? and why?

I've lived in 9 places so far, and I love to travel. I would say Germany was my favorite place, but I don't have enough memory of it. The memories I do have are beautiful and odd. So, I have to say Tucson is my favorite place. Mostly because it's my home town. I lived there 3 times throughout my life, each time at different stages of my life, with amazing memories with friends and family. Good and not so good memories, but I still have a fondness for that place.

Stacey48 8 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

68 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Colorado: Englewood, Longmont. Littleton, Denver,
Pueblo. Pueblo West, Manzanola, Boulder
Arizona: Tucson, Hopi Res,
New Mexico: Santa Fe, Gallup
Texas: Houston

i am mathematically challenged so i'll let y'all count. i was born in philly, moved to a 'burb, moved to willingboro, nj, which was called levittown at the time, move to silver spring, md, moved to w hyattsville, md, moved to bowie, md, moved into a dorm in my college in north nj, moved back home to bowie, moved out by myself back to w hyattsville, back to bowie, moved to alexandria, va, moved back to bowie for one night, moved out to california where i lived in four different places in hollywood and los angeles, not counting a couple nights before i moved to japan, where i lived in two places in kasugai, then two in nagoya, back to los angeles for a couple days, down to florida to stay with my mother, up to new york to go to a concert and ended up staying a year and a half, first with friends on long island, then at a pakistani hotel in chelseaf for one night, then the y also in chelsea. then in brooklyn, back out to reseda, california, then gardena, california, then to minnesota, five different homes in three cities. oh i didn't count a month teaching in surrey, england. i wonder what else i forgot? five weeks on cape cod when my mom was in hospital and then recovering from surgery. i THINK that's it....

g

<--- mumbles... Carry the one, plus three... Those places didn't really count.... = I don't know.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Houston, Texas
Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
Birmingham, Michigan (three different houses)
Chicago, Illinois
Memphis, Tennessee
Jacksonville, Florida
Norfolk, Virginia
Birmingham, Michigan (again, a fourth house)
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Everglades National Park, Florida
Phoenix, Arizona (two different apartments)
Scottsdale, Arizona (two houses, nine apartments)

My favorite was Yellowstone. I lived and worked at Old Faithful for four summer seasons and three winter seasons. I could try to describe it, but it would fall well short of actually experiencing it.

Starkville, Mississippi
Salt Point, New York
Suffolk, Virginia
Ellensburg, Washington

And now Kansas. Ellensburg was the only place I have cried about when moving. I am facing another move in the next year and have no idea where I will land.

I've had postal addresses in Spain, 3 places in England, and about a dozen + others on the US East Coast.

I have had 11 different postal addresses, 10 in the UK and one in the USA. I'm not sure I could pick a favourite, they all have loads of good (and some bad) memories that got me to this point.

ipdg77 Level 8 July 21, 2018

Nebraska, Idaho, and Ohio.

Philadelphia PA, New Milford CT, Lawton OK, Bamberg FRG, Kileen TX, West Berlin FRG, Berlin FRG, Brussels Belgium, Ft. Irwin CA, East Hartford CT, West Hartford CT, Tampa FL, St Petersburg, FL were and are all "Home" but I saw most of the world on deployments before I was 27 have been to all but 2 states (ND, SD) and have really only not been to the far East countries like Japan, China, India, Pakistan, Viet Nam etc.

New York, Florida, Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, North Carolina

Massachusetts, Colorado, Florida, Maine and New Mexico

Dew25 Level 7 July 19, 2018

Three different countries, two continents but..
who's counting?????

@Stacey48 Antwerp, Belgium. Why? Culture and history is quite interesting and the location is just perfect, in the middle of everything in Europe. Dank u wel mevrouw.

@Stacey48 you've said Germany... Where and why? You also said not enough memory......where you there when little?

@Stacey48 got it, thx

West Virginia, then Virginia.

West Virginia, then Virginia.

So far 12 places.

xyz123 Level 7 July 18, 2018

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Blois, France
Bay City, Michigan
Phoenix, Arizona
Duluth, Minnesota
Jacksonville, Florida
Orlando, Florida
St Petersburg, Florida

And I’m hoping my next stop is on Southern Europe!

California, Idaho, Wisconsin, Virginia, south Carolina, about 10 different residences in Colorado, Nevada, California again, Oregon, Washington state, Virginia again, North Carolina, and back to a different part of Virginia for the last 19 years.
NEXT??!?

70 y.o lived in London, Hampshire Shropshire Liverpool Manchester Lancashire Scotland Wales Northern Ireland Berlin

jacpod Level 8 July 18, 2018

33 different houses over the last 57 years, in 6 different countries and 11 different cities. I like where I am right now but I probably liked living in Bermuda the best.

These are some of the pics from my homes in Bermuda. It was a pretty gorgeous place to live, lots of stress but lots of good times too.

Do deployments count as a place once lived?

@Stacey48 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week, always scorching hot, always bored and no sex. I'm on the fence, but it's worth noting I've been there.

Born in Germany...arrived in US at the age of 1. Have lived in New York (twice), Alaska, Virginia, Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee. 😉

Born in Yorkshire, England. My parents never moved from their hometown. I did. Lived in London & Hull. Left after college to live in Brussels Belgium (1st kid). Then Paris France. Then Athens Greece. Then Frankfurt Germany. Then new Delhi India (2nd kid). Then Geneva Swtzerland (third kid). Then Florence & Le Marche in Italy. Back to Yorkshire. Now in Suffolk. There were all long stays of 2-5 years. I haven't mentioned the shorter ones. Having kids meant lots of maternity leave so time to explore these places. And no, I wasn't in the army. And no, I wasn't following my husband round the world. I got the jobs, I made the money. And I've had a wonderful life so far. They were all my favourites for different reasons. Getting itchy feet again....

5 cities, 3 states and an island. Many wondrous adventures are in my memory banks!

I was born and raised in Haiti, of American missionary parents, lived all over the US, in Hermosillo and Kino Beach, Mexico, lived in several places in Thailand since 2010.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133466
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.