Agnostic.com

68 7

How many places have you lived in your lifetime?

Which was your favorite? and why?

I've lived in 9 places so far, and I love to travel. I would say Germany was my favorite place, but I don't have enough memory of it. The memories I do have are beautiful and odd. So, I have to say Tucson is my favorite place. Mostly because it's my home town. I lived there 3 times throughout my life, each time at different stages of my life, with amazing memories with friends and family. Good and not so good memories, but I still have a fondness for that place.

Stacey48 8 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

68 comments (51 - 68)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nebraska, Idaho, and Ohio.

Philadelphia PA, New Milford CT, Lawton OK, Bamberg FRG, Kileen TX, West Berlin FRG, Berlin FRG, Brussels Belgium, Ft. Irwin CA, East Hartford CT, West Hartford CT, Tampa FL, St Petersburg, FL were and are all "Home" but I saw most of the world on deployments before I was 27 have been to all but 2 states (ND, SD) and have really only not been to the far East countries like Japan, China, India, Pakistan, Viet Nam etc.

New York, Florida, Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, North Carolina

Three different countries, two continents but..
who's counting?????

@Stacey48 Antwerp, Belgium. Why? Culture and history is quite interesting and the location is just perfect, in the middle of everything in Europe. Dank u wel mevrouw.

@Stacey48 you've said Germany... Where and why? You also said not enough memory......where you there when little?

@Stacey48 got it, thx

West Virginia, then Virginia.

So far 12 places.

xyz123 Level 7 July 18, 2018

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Blois, France
Bay City, Michigan
Phoenix, Arizona
Duluth, Minnesota
Jacksonville, Florida
Orlando, Florida
St Petersburg, Florida

And I’m hoping my next stop is on Southern Europe!

California, Idaho, Wisconsin, Virginia, south Carolina, about 10 different residences in Colorado, Nevada, California again, Oregon, Washington state, Virginia again, North Carolina, and back to a different part of Virginia for the last 19 years.
NEXT??!?

Born in Germany...arrived in US at the age of 1. Have lived in New York (twice), Alaska, Virginia, Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee. πŸ˜‰

5 cities, 3 states and an island. Many wondrous adventures are in my memory banks!

I was born and raised in Haiti, of American missionary parents, lived all over the US, in Hermosillo and Kino Beach, Mexico, lived in several places in Thailand since 2010.

Kansas and missouri.

I prefer missouri, more woods and quiet and the Ozark mountains are home to me.

6 in WI, 1 in MN, 2 in VA, 6 in MD, 1 in DC, 3 in TN, 5 in England, 1 in Germany (exchange student short time), 1 in Malaysia, but traveled in 32-ish countries and went around the world once. My favorite was London. It felt like the world was my oyster living there.

Holli Level 6 July 17, 2018

@Stacey48 Yes! I've had a very lucky and free and wonderful life. I appreciate it more and more as I get older.

Please define β€˜place,’ and for that matter, β€˜live.’ Do you consider a period of less than a year β€˜living in a place?’ And is a β€˜place’ a region, state, country, ZIP Code or a particular dwelling?

@Stacey48 About 28 different addresses, in 3 different countries (including the UK and Germany). Lived in 8 states (CA, WA, TX, CO, NE, VA, DC & AL), but am a CA native, having lived in 13 different CA zip codes.

West Virginia, then Virginia.

70 y.o lived in London, Hampshire Shropshire Liverpool Manchester Lancashire Scotland Wales Northern Ireland Berlin

jacpod Level 8 July 18, 2018

Lol (x,y,z) should cover it

He’s using coordinates

@Stacey48

???

@Phin My silly %ss forgot to use the right general coordinates. Fixed it, though.

@DZhukovin I just figured you were using polar and Cartesian

@Phin

Yeah! πŸ™‚

I freaking hate normal geometry, though. It's so childish and boring.

I wish I took differential geometry instead. Analytical geometry is OK, though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133466
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.