Agnostic.com

6 7

QUESTION The Missing Piece Meets the Big O: Shel Silverstein’s Sweet Allegory for the Simple Secret of Love and the Key to Nurturing Relationships – Brain Pickings

This is what I'm looking for. Someone to go down the path beside. That person who wants to know you and wants to be known. Someone who accepts you for exactly who you are. Someone you can take the risk of being completely vulnerable around. Someone you can confide your most twisted, fucked up imaginings with and while they might not agree with you or even understand they'll just look at you, say something like "God damn, that's pretty fucked up" but then take your hand and walk on down the path with you. And yes, I have a rich fantasy life 😉

Fearlessfreep 7 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We all Need a witness to our lives... validation of your life to be good and plenty enough for two. I have no grandchildren or even a married child but their mother did a wonderful job with them. Bring me so much joy that I picked the right mother for my children. I hope husband nr 3 will be the charm for her. Husband nr 1 drove her crazy (that's me), husband nr 2 (she drove him crazy), Now comes her third wedding.

Never read him but I love his songs

Shel is a genius and I am going book shopping for my grand baby this week! Thanks for the reminder!

That is so perfect!! I have a granddaughter and another grandchild on the way. I need to get this book for them, and for ME!

A great and vivid imagination can be an adventure in and of itself. You're looking for the perfect partner and I hope you find what you're looking for. Sounds like you'll have some very interesting and animated conversations in your future. Good luck. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Jan 7, 2018

Not me, I live in reality a place that is far more interesting and exciting than any fantasy can ever be .

How literal!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13351
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.