Agnostic.com

25 7

What would you like most in a partner?

What would you like most in a partner?
(Before a guy replies... "ME" first! Ha!)

Can choose more than one... but couldn't limit poll... so limit to 3, thanks!

• 19 votes
  • 30 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 48 votes
  • 62 votes
  • 41 votes
HeyHiHullo 7 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

polls are hard to design

Also intelligence and kindness.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 7, 2018

All plus intelligence and more or less same political and religious views .

Well heck... all the above. All the above is out there.

But definitely hard as hell to find!

I guess all of the above is out there...but I never was able to find it!

You ever heard of location, location, location its all about location. I knew a couple of guys join a group just to meet the people. Heck, I met my wife at an A.A. camping retreat I go to twice a Year for the last 25 years. Im not bragging because we have our disagreements.

Honesty would be nice.
Same view on religion.

I think of that as part of integrity.

@Neraven okay I guess I wanted to be specific, as I dumped my last 4 month fling due to being lied to once too many times.

Definitely understandable. Sorry about the relationship you lost.

Common ground in religion and politics is number one.

I listed dealbreakers in my online profiles, and those were #2 and #1, respectively. Unfortunately, a lot of men don't like to read so I still got messages from totally incompatible men.

@dkp93 lol

Intelligence as well.

There are many forms of intelligence. I believe that intelligence in terms of IQ needs greater than lesser compatibility however other forms of intelligence may well complement the other's to create a super unit that is the partnership working as one for the good of both.

Everything plus intelligence, sense of humor, imagination, and honest communication. Attractiveness I equate with chemistry not looks. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Jan 7, 2018

For someone to be with me they have to have integrity which includes having respect and loyalty as well as self respect. They do definitely need a need a sense of humour without one they won't last long.

By financial security, I guess that means she has a job as opposed to women who do not work?

I would take that to mean he/she doesn't need your money. At my age if the potential partner is retired and has pension/SS/savings that's reasonably financially secure but doesn't need to have a "job".

In that case..yes...she would need financial security as well.

Common sense.

I always find myself saying "be nice."

I am attracted to intelligent women. Intelligence should be one of the choices.

A partner, in every sense of the word.

I am going to leave this as To Be Determined. When my partner finds me... I will accept her as she is and I will like her for "all of it". Of course does not means I will lower my standards just simply that she will already had a well developed personality and comfortable how she is with herself... the hearts will know... we will match accordingly or she won't be a Partner right?

A genuine, kind, and loving person. Is all that I require.

I choose confidence and humor. Many times a funny wise cracking person uses humor because they are nervous or unsure. By the same token a humous person tends to be confident and puts themself out there. I think a confident person has done some self examination. Intelligence is not on the list, intelligence would have been my first choice. Of course all of this is just MO.

Integrity for the win!!! Woo hoo!!

In THIS poll. There are many characteristics and personality traits that matter to each one of us.

Intelligence was left out. In my opinion, most people on this site would vote intelligence as one of the three choices.

How about altruism?

Must worship me like a god.

Write-in vote for intellectual curiosity, which can mean many things, someone who’ll send me links to things they come across on their social media feed or what they read about in a book, maybe someone who can give me the cultural education I didn’t receive in engineering school.

Hello HeyHiHullo, Your name reminds me that the comedian Spike Milligan claimed to have written the shortest poem ever. He dedicated it to the lonely and it comprised one word "Hello".
Your survey I have not completed because there are characteristics that I prefer to measure by. Firstly is the other partner's compatibility and ability to complement my own characteristics and I hers to effectively create a partnership that becomes if you like a superbeing ... the value of the partnership far outweighs the sum of the individuals. Secondly there has to be compatibility of aspirations and desires for without it the partnership would be like a boat with two rudders individually controlled sometimes working in sync sometimes trying to rip the hull apart. Thirdly there has to be compatibility of life force. In other words each member has to have similar levels of activity, thought, motivation ... I have seen too many fail because one partner is hyperactive and the other having normal cruising levels or placid.
Of all the buttons in your list the one that I find most abhorrent is "financial security" it says to me "your glass is half empty" not "half full and we will fill the other half together" as well as identifying that you are merely a gold digger or unrealistic dreamer. Surely if you tick all the boxes do you not think that all effort will be made to accomplish financial goals?

I can love someone with differing religious and political beliefs (so long as they aren't extremists on either account). Loyalty should follow integrity. So I will go with integrity, sense of humour and confidence. However I would have gone with romantic were it an option.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.