Agnostic.com

104 6

Very first concert you attended?

Dew25 7 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

104 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

E.L.O. 76. Also the first time I smelled weed. The spaceship was lopsided...

1983 at california university in Pa . Donnie Iris.-lol

J Geils Band

Black Sabbath in 1973

I saw Harry Chapin in may of 1977 in seattle. He even kissed my cheek.

Heart in 1985.. I think??

The Beatles in the Cavern Liverpool. I was particularly taken with John Lennon.

As far as I can remember, the San Antonio Symphonic Orchestra.

I was 13...shawn cassidy..oh the memories..lol??

Dang, that's a name I haven't heard in a while!! Those Cassidy brothers dominated the '70s and' 80s

I suppose it depends on how you want to define "concert". My first live music event was seeing a Canadian punk band called "Dayglo Abortions" at a local bar. My first large venue concert would've been Pink Floyd's Division Bell tour.

I saw Harry Chapin in the summer of 1977 in seattle wa.

The Beatles at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.

Big Mama Thornton, Bobby Blue Bland, and Mississippi John Hurt. Not a concert. A tiny little club in the rough part of Berkeley CA. 1965. Two high school friends and I were the only white people in the place. Actually, the audience totaled about 20. Blues was not hot at that time.

Lol Adam Ant

Love Harry Chapin. Especially when he used the electronic cello on some of his songs.

KISS, 1977, Des Moines, Iowa. Tender young age, but by the end of the concert, had the 21-year old girlfriend of a co-worker on my shoulders. That resulted in a very interesting, very tumultuous few weeks.

Harry Chapin, summer of 1977 at Alpine Valley, WI.

I actually didn't start going to conferts until much later in life. My first was Aerosmith. Have enjoyed Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Cher, Cyndi Lauper, and lots of Blue October since then.

Jefferson Airplane at New Orleans Opera House in 1967.

The first time I got to see my son perform live (a metal head) I thought I recognized his t-shirt but couldn't quite make it out. On the first break we met at the bar to share a couple shots....he was wearing my first concert t-shirt. Bee Gees!!! omg - so funny!!!!

Tri3xy Level 3 July 20, 2018

Rob Zombie

I think it was Three-Dog Night.

I lived overseas in Italy in the 70s from 12 to 16 years old. (This is important!) Italys crowd control was non- existent... so many bands didn't tour there. We had no TV because armed forces cabke was a distant sci-fi dream. There were zip concerts there when I lived there.

We had albums. And cassettes.

I listened to music all the time. On evenings I FREQUENTLY had my dad record borrowed albums for me... so my dad had to listen to BOC, Led Zep, Foghat, etc. He never could believe Rush was just 3 guys!

We move back stateside when I was 16 in 1980... and local radio says blah blah blah Rush... and I told dad "I'm going to that!"
Next day he comes home with 2 tickets and we go!

Of course I think it was to.see what the concert scene was like. Obvious 19yr old or so Navy squid next to me offers me a joint when Rush hits the stage. I give him the "No thanks! I'm full!!!" sign. He reaches past me and offers it to my LCDR father! Dad waves it off too. My head exploded as I figure I am experiencing my first and last concert simultaneously!

Rush, Permanent Waves tour...

There is a girl I should have invited... amazing how blind guys are at 16.

My first concert was J. Geils with Cheap Trick 1982

Dew25 Level 7 July 19, 2018

Wow, I saw J. Geils that year! In February 1982, at the Boston Garden. I saved the concert shirt and tix stubs even. But Cheap Trick wasn't part of the Geils show I saw - although I did see Cheap Trick at UMass in 1984, at an outdoor spring concert.

I read in the Globe that John Warren Geils Jr. (the J. Geils namesake) died a year ago. Now I've got to go listen to some Geils!

Super Tramp Fresno Calif 1977

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:134518
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.