Agnostic.com

4 3

The latest Star Wars movie doesn't dwell a lot on The Force, but it did remind me of something. In trying to answer the question, what do I believe, I sometimes found myself saying, it's something like The Force. There is an energy that connects us all.

OregonGreg 3 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.” Neil deGrasse Tyson.

I love that man! And I love that you quoted him to top my comment. Good job!

Our humanness connects us all, we are all on this globe together and we all are composed of the same elements. Skin color and religion don't matter.

@mymysticcrow I rather fancy that you consider yourself as an ultimate SW authority, and other's references to the subject don't meet with your approval. You might want to watch that. I made a reference to the subject recently and your reply was dismissive, though I felt my post was misunderstood. It's only Star Wars; it's no big deal.

Sorry. I didn't mean to come off as rude. I grew up with the movies, books, TV shows, computer games and RPGs. I'm very familiar and enthusiastic when it comes to Star Wars.

Were we watching the same movie? This movie has more use of the force than many of its predecessors. Maybe it was a more subtle but it was definitely there.

1-2) Rey and Kylo Ren were Far Seeing to interact with one another across the galaxy.
3-4) Snokes was using Force Stealth in the process of facilitating said Far Seeing. Otherwise Rey and Kylo Ren should have realized that they were being manipulated. Snokes had to be incredibly skilled and powerful to do that.

1. While piloting Kylo Ren was using Far Seeing to make his attacks more accurate.
    6-7) Kylo Ren and Leia Organa noticed one another via Force Sense.

2. As a result of Kylo Ren specifically targeting the bridge, Leia Organa had to use Force Push to move herself to the air lock so she didn't die.

3. Rey and Luke debated the force. Rey promptly dove into the dark side to try to learn about her parents.

4. When Rey came back she realized that Luke had severed himself from the force.

5. Luke used Force Sense to realize Kylo Ren had fallen to the dark side.
    12-13) Kylo Ren then promptly used Move Object to pull his lightsaber to him. He then used at least Force Lightening and Move Object to wipe out the trainees that didn't agree to come with him when he destroyed Luke's school.

14-16) Then there's the whole fight between Rey, Kylo Ren and Snoke. All 3 fighting over lightsabers and moving people is Move Object.

17-18) Snoke Mind Probed Rey. Rey used Force Defense to resist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.