Agnostic.com

14 4

Can we please do away with the compliment button on the site. I understand what the creators were trying to do, but it's just plain creepy to have rando's posting stuff on your page when you are new.

Bearded_Bard 4 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hereby consider myself completely and thoroughly complimented ( For today 😛) So thanks guys.

Sacha Level 7 Jan 8, 2018

You can turn off the compliment bar in your settings.

I'm really impressed how fast the admins took care of the issue. You guys are awesome and doing a great job!

I rather like it, and enjoy giving and receiving kind words .

And nowadays, with all the anonymous insulting and disparaging going on, on other sites, kind words are often rare !

No one ever sent me a compliment 😟 I feel left out lol. I never knew what that was until now

Sacha Level 7 Jan 7, 2018

Me too! What the heck? Do I have a booger in my nose or what?

I'll send you a compliment so you do not feel so bad.

@Treasurehunter Yay my first compliment, Thanks 🙂

Personally, I really liked it, though the creep factor has kept me from using it. I like that we don't really have "private space" like a Facebook profile, and I thought it was a good compromise to have a semi private way of saying something nice about someone.

I really love how this site is tackling the "problems" of social networking from a fresh perspective, even if some things feel a little off at first. Original thought is so refreshing in the world of sequels and remakes.

Damn - you mean there was a way I could be super creepy and compliment all the cute, early twenties girls ... And I DIDN'T NOTICE? ... And it's NOW GONE??? Curses! Foiled again!

I have not been able to register likes on anyone's comments all day. What's with that. Everyone's comments all show zero likes. That can't be right.

Yah. The administrator is aware of it now. I did get a response when I posted to them about the problem

Hey! I was able to give your reply a thumbs up! Progress.

It is a tad bit weird to me too. Idk half the people on here whom complimented me and why.

There's a "compliment" button?

if you go to the person;s profile it is under send a message

@btroje Goes to show how often I go to other people's profile pages. I guess that makes me completely self-absorbed. LOL

Might be just me but now I just can't see anyone's profile, including my own... Just get the all too vague 500 error code.

Does it work now?

@Admin , yes.

Maybe there's a way to disarm it-send a note to Administration.

I think they took care of it

I see no compliments yet 😟.

Ok, I just made a toggle to let you remove it from your profile page (see account settings for the toggle). Also, I removed it by default for new members (i.e., level 1). Should be live in a few minutes.

Admin Level 9 Jan 7, 2018

Wow, amazing service!

I've never been to a forum where the @Admin was listening and responding like you do. Kudos!

God?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13496
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.