Agnostic.com

13 19

You can now adjust what types of posts show up on the main page by clicking the "gear" icon and checking categories. It's useful for people who think the site talks too much (or too little) about politics, religion, etc. Eventually, we'll try to include "favorite tags" to improve the sensitivity of the algorithm.

Admin 9 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good thing to know.

I also don't get this 'activity' window.

Here?

@Admin All I get is my account info. Nothing more.

@Admin I found it right in front of me. There are 2 gear icons one big and one small and I kept looking at the big one.

Hi Admin. I don't get that window (Activity) in my settings.

Click the gear directly above "Recent Member Activity"... not the top of the page.

Got it. DangerDave made it all clear. Thanks DD.

Nice additional feature - Thank you!

Brilliant! many thanks

I do not really understand what "show more" does: which of the posts are we not seeing already? How is the selection made of what we see and do not see by default and if we check all the "see more" boxes? If we check all of them will we see all the posts that exist?

Good question. Not all posts go to the main page. If there are some have been asked a few times recently, they go only in the category list (and on profile page). We also try to have the main page have different types of posts. Also, if someone posts 3-4 posts in a row that are about the same topic, 2-3 of them go on the category page only. If you see "new" on a category, that means that the most recently post there hasn't yet been seen by you. Complicated, eh? 🙂

@Admin yes 🙂
Is there an easy way to show them all?

Quick and efficient. Thanks.

This is super cool, thanks....you are doing a good job.

Love this! Thank you.

When you tag a post with "hobbies" it only displays "#" and not "#hobbies"

#hobbies should work now 🙂

@Admin yup, added hobbies again and it shows correctly #Hobbies. But the empty "#" from previous can't be removed via dropdown arrow lol. No worries. Thanks for fast response on tag issue!

Thanks for all you do.

nice

How cool! I appreciate your efforts and I'm enjoying being here!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13517
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.