Agnostic.com

11 2

Go the distance

Long distance relationships...do they really work? Should I be open to one, or run like hell?

jennifool629 4 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've had two. Both ended becuase of distance. That doesn't necessarily apply to other folks.

It depends on your situation. Do you or they have relocation issues like children, elder parents or jobs that can't be lost? If the answer is no then then I think it could work.

I’ve recently met someone, from this website, and he’s long distance. We’re both aware of the distance problems, but both open to giving it a chance since the attraction and connection to one another has developed at lightening speed. Flights have already been booked, so we’ll just have to see if this is as amazing in person as it has been over the phone so far. If the physical chemistry is there when we meet in person then we’ll tackle the distance problem. First things first.

You stole my heart, and I didn't even know it was that vulnerable.

Small world. I had a long distance relationship with someone from Thibodaux...although I eventually moved to be near her.

I think they can work. With a little help from skype or facetime or whatever you choose. Talk every day, as many times a day as possible, don't give each other reason to question trust or loyalty. Be honest always. For it to really work, it has to also be 50/50. Both need to be able to make the effort to visit and what not. Good luck!

Been there done that and no thanks, I will pass.

Makes the sometimes-difficult next to impossible, imo.

Best phone sex I ever had. Only one I ever did with. But it was continuation of what we did when together in same place. We just got crafty and naughty. Need the mother of invention. Every time my phone rang at 3 AM I answered.

Can’t see much harm in it. You never know , if things really click then it is not unheard of for people to move from one side of the world to the other for love!

No need to run, distance is already a factor. The minute you decide is not working then you just stop texting or calling. Its just that easy

@ProudMary I didn't mean to ghost them. What I am saying is that there is no need to over think any of this. We all can develop new acquaintances (for lack of a better word) and keep the communication while both parties are engaged and interested. The original posting proposed running like hell without even trying and that's the part does not make sense to me. What I meant was, be adventurous and try to learn from each other. The minute you see red flag (send me 50 bucks, for instance) then you say thanks no thsnks and that's it, on to the next opportunity. That's my thought process.

@ProudMary I am here to develop new friends and learn from them. So far so good. No need to ghost no one. It cuts both ways though and this exercise only last for too long. Eventually all conversations run dull and fade away anyway. I just enjoy while it last.

@ProudMary hey, the site is free and I have the time, why not make the most out of it, right?

They can work, (I had one whilst at Uni.), but I think it's best if you know and trust someone first. If you're starting a relationship at a distance it's kind of a leap of faith I'm finding.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135232
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.