Agnostic.com

3 1

Spirituality

So, although I have no belief in any deities and abhor religion generally, I still feel like there is some kind of spirit within me that needs feeding. I do that mainly by meditation. I'm interested to know if anyone out there has this need and if so how do you address the Need?

Guttermoss 4 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting. I think of a "connection to everything" more than as a hunger, and nurture/comprehend rather than feed. Semantics I guess. Maybe all things affect said connection, some more than others. Meditation and wilderness more. Alcohol and turmoil less.

There's a meditation group on this site. Here is one. There might be others. [agnostic.com]

I agree there are energies given off by every living thing. I don't call them spirits, but I don't have a problem with this word referring to energies. And redirecting some of this energy to better tap into your body sounds like it should be a plus.

With all that said, I don't meditate. I have done pilates before though 😉

Try feeding your spirit with a chocolate bar.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135297
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.