Agnostic.com

7 1

What are your thoughts on the CDCs wanting to get everone prepared for nuclear war? I have supplied two links for you to get background information on this topic and the CDC live streaming of the public broadcast. [www]. Cdc. Gov/cdcgrandrounds/archives/2018/January2018. Htm

[Msn.Com]? Li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U146DHP

sciteachmd 6 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sure that is something I want to prepare for or live through/ Might be a challenge for others

I am from right around assholes were making kids hide under desks, although i don't recall doing that.. Its all crap.

I was in grade school during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and we were taught to get under the desk for protection. As if!

I remember those drills very well. Lol!

I still tell the same story from time to time. The game has changed as more players join as the years go by. It seems like nuclear war is inevitable. I think it is more dangerous now than when I was a kid. So sad.

Did we revert to the 1950's ? In the event of such a conflict the only safe place to be is in Australia the trade winds theory. Figure it the conflict is with Russia figure about 2 warheads per state if China figure 2 warheads per city if you do not get evaporated on impact figure a week with the worst symptoms in agony until you die. There is no preparing there is no known way to cure radiation sickness.

While any preparations may be ineffective in the case of nuclear conflict, a store of food, water and clothing would be of great use during outbreaks of terrorism or natural disaster. Keep in mind, though, that a State of Fear is one of the conditions that Authoritarian Regimes impose on a populace......

jasen Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

Scares the shit out of me. Its the end of the world as we know it.

It seems to me that re-educating public officials periodically on dealing with the medical consequence of nuclear blasts goes on about ever 5 or so years for the last few decades. Does not really alarm me seems as long as these weapons exist having public health people trained to deal with the issues is a good idea. If there ever was a nuclear war even a small one healthcare would be totally overwhelmed with the casualties it would be even worse if they were not prepared.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13532
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.