Agnostic.com

5 1

So what's the algorithm?

Hey everybody! I'm relatively new, and I see a little percentage next to people's names. I've looked over a few and can't quite figure out how it rates someone as 99% vs. 94% vs. 74%. I'm a bit of a math nerd, sometimes programmer, and a scientist for work, so of course I want to do research to get answers.

PhitDoctor50 7 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome 🙂 I see your query was already answered.

I think it's something simple: everyone starts at 100 and this number is multiplied by any given decimal at the end of those compatibility reference points (PhitDoctor lives too far away [.9]). The result (90) is multiplied by the next decimal of your choosing (PhitDoctor also likes sports,movies, and kronenberg [1.1]). Then, that result (99.9) is multiplied by the next value and so on.

So, if I'm looking at an woman who lives too far away [.9], is out of my desired age range [.85], is into some of the same stuff [1.05], doesn't have the education I'm looking for [.9], we're not looking for the same thing in a relationship [.7], and I haven't filled out my bio description [.85]. The final value would be:
100 X .9 X .85 X 1.05 X .9 X .7 X .85.
90-> 76.5-> 79.885 ->71.8665-> 61.3something = what you see 61.0]

I, uh... I like mafs.

I don't know what basis for assigning value to each compatibility data point they use. Seems like some arbitrary relativity scale.

I also like value system theory.

I just thought it was how you matched with the answers to original questions with others?

I have been here a couple of months and my first college degree was in mathematics and my observation is that the progression to each level here is an application of the exponential function.

The heart on the top of each profile page to see how it is calculated.

Admin Level 9 Jan 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13535
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.