Agnostic.com

20 0

If you were given 1,000 acres of land that you didn't have to pay taxes on but couldn't sell, what would you do with it?

Would you turn it into income property? Would you create a sustainable farming project? Would you create a vocational area for local youth to learn a trade?

What say you?

MyLiege 7 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Build a farm?

ideally i would turn it into village for dementia patients, but i understand that the startup cost for such a think is around $22 million and i don't think i could generate that with the land (and i have no money, myself). but with that much land in my possession i think i could write a grant for my longer-standing pet project, a dream project really, of running an equine therapy shelter for abused women and children. the land would be a fabulous start.

g

I would open an animal rescue farm.

Green burial site. A long term woodland and natural resource where people could put their mortal remains to the ultimate recycling trip. Pet project as it is still illegal in France due to groundwater regulations.

Tilia Level 7 Aug 4, 2018

What would I do... I will provide land for the homeless... create a Fund Me Project for the homes. Or a Homeless Park with all amenities like Showers, Dispensary, Hassle free environment... but those caught in violation of certain simple rules like violence, thieving etc... will be expelled. I don't need that much land... I don't want that much land... I can live in a 4th of an Acre.

Firstly get a gardener. Then find a way of developing a not for profit education centre for those who couldn't afford school fees.

Person sanctuary.

That depends upon where the land is located.

On the presumption of access to running water & other utilities, I would build a complex that would include family amusements like mini-golf, a community center that hosted various instructional/informational/recreational/arts & crafts activities for children, a space for live performances and plays, a library, a mom-and-pop general store, a selection of eateries, and--this one is no surprise to anyone who knows me--a multi-screen drive-in theater.

What is it's location? Access? What kind of resources are on/in the land? Is there water? Does a river run through it? What about Minerals? Trees? Other flora and fauna? Many economic considerations should be included before a decision is made.

It all depends on the location! In Manhattan, lease it for construction. In Antarctica, donate it to the penguins.

Build a house with a pool and run around nekkid as much as I could!

Cat sanctuary.

I think my choices would be very practical ones: farming... the very sane kind that the land would best be suited for and/or build homes for the needy depending on what the land is suited for and location, tie-ins to transportation, water lines. sewer lines... etc.

Try to find someone who is willing to invest in it or plant it for you.

moz Level 3 July 20, 2018

Organic farming ....veggies/fruits/nuts/seeds depending on what was best suited for the climate.
Possibly also part wildlife refuge/sanctuary and/or animal rescue/sanctuary.

Plant and wilfdlife refuge with a research station and living quarters.

Off grid community sounds nice.

Liz Level 4 July 20, 2018

I'd plant as many cool indigenous host plants & trees as I could.
Fill it with a few chickens, goats, dogs & a giant garden. Maybe a MOAT & high wall if money wasn't an object. ?
Who's in?

Qualia Level 8 July 20, 2018

Set up a small homesteading farm with live in accomodation for adults with a learing disability to use as a stepping stone away from home and into work volunteers would get free accomodation for 24 hrs work a week supporting the trainees

weeman Level 7 July 20, 2018

This. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.