Agnostic.com

40 6

Who is your favorite Batman?

A completely relevant question, I believe!! I have 2 categories. 1 - respect, reverence. In this category, these are my top 3.

1. Adam West - 1960's Batman that I grew up with. He is old school, but the example all others are judged by.
  2. Michael Keaton - the first reincarnation of Batman since the 60's and the best and only choice of that reboot series of Batman (wearing black with nipples).
  3. Will Arnett Lego Batman, if you've seen the movies, 'nuff said!!

Now - my second category is entertainment. Which Batman is the most entertaining. These are my choices.

1. Will Arnett - again, if you've seen the movies, you know what I mean. His character is out-of-control funny.
  2. Michael Keaton - absolutely love his interpretation of the character ... 'I am Batman, I am Batman'!
  3. Adam West - corny as hell, dry humor, comic book style. So good if you look at it from that point of view.

These are my favorites, what are yours?

stomato 6 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1: Christian Bale - he was the first to make me feel like the Bruce scenes were still Batman.

2: Michael Keaton - he took a big risk going to action from a mostly comedy background, he knew it could tank his career but he boldly accepted the challenge. He’s the reason we have so many movies based on comics now, had it been a flop, I’m not sure we’d be experiencing the renaissance we have now.

3: Ben Affleck - I know many will disagree but he had a huge act to follow after Bale. I’m enjoying an older and more experienced Batman because we hadn’t seen that in the movies yet. I think he captures the Frank Miller Batman quite well.

Jimm Level 4 Aug 2, 2018

Also, BatDad.

Michael Keaton

Christian Bale as Batman and Heath Ledger as the Joker. They should retire Batman for 20 years after that series. Same with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

I agree about Heath Ledger, not about Christian Bale. And no one will ever be the Wolverine besides Hugh Jackson! It's a fools parrell to substitute anyone else. But you know they will eventually because they are out of original ideas. That's why we have all these reboots and redos! It's pathetic!

Yup, love the campy old Adam West version. Never read the comics, so I grew up on the sixties TV show. Turning him into the gritty, serious character of the later movies just seems such a waste to me.

Adam Ward brought the character off the page and will always be the quintessential Batman to me.

It's Adam West as Batman and Burt Ward as Robin! Really??

For sheer tongue in cheek fun..has to be Adam West..he sat a bar..that nobody bothered to follow..but I guess that zany Bat man would just be too much for contemporary scriptwriters to translate into big budget movies..shame really.

Kafir is my favorite Batman.

Hermit Level 7 July 21, 2018

Category 1:

• Kevin Conroy - He will always be the voice of Batman to me
  • Michael Keaton - He was the first "dark" (gothic, somber, tragic) Batman in a movie that felt like Batman

Category 2:

• Will Arnett - Only reason for this pick is the LEGO Batman movie was made to be silly so Will's version is quite entertaining because he can say things that live-action Batman or The Animated Series Batman couldn't
  • Adam West - The era of this show and Adam's performance was silly and would not be anywhere close to the Batman we know today. So that makes it entertaining

Val Kilmer, he carries a twist of sophistication and a tad of cockiness I can identify with.

azzow2 Level 9 July 21, 2018

Val Kilmer?? Are you out of your mind?? What a train wreck!!

I let go of comics at 12. Never to return. Batman was supposed to be an acrobat without superpowers... well I saw The Great Walenda die in P.R. doing his acrobat act. No bromance with fantasy for me. Sorry.

michael keaton will arnett and ben affleck and christian bale combined bale batman affleck bruce wayne

weeman Level 7 July 21, 2018

Micheal Keaton, most definitely, tho Christian Bale had the best story arc!

Keaton

Christian Bale
Michael Keaton
Adam West

Never seen the Legos Batman, but I am a huge fan of Will Arnett. That guy is ridiculously funny.

I think Ben Affleck is secretly on a mission to destroy every comic book character franchise he touches. He left Daredevil alone in an alley bleeding out and now it seems he’s bent on destroying Batman as well.

Christian Bale & Will Arnett. Michael Keaton was great, after the long dry spell from Adam West, but I don't think he delivered the dark.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136178
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.