Agnostic.com

19 10

New here

I was referred through a friend on this site . Attempting to distance myself from other non believer sites where people use derogatory language ,insulting innuendos and sarcastic comments against other people or public figures to get their point across. This type of banter serves no point but to diminish ones effectiveness In explaining their views

juli15 7 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are you a believer yourself?

Why would I be a believer if I am a member of this group.No I am definitely not a believer.

@juli15 actually there is an option to say just that. And agnostic means not sure, also an option

@juli15 There are believers on this site. They're welcome too as long as they don't evangelize. Better still if they pay attention! 🙂

@Coffeo yes, no evangelizing and no proselytizing!

Are you a believer yourself?

Sorry did not mean to be rude

Welcome. Unfortunately you will sometimes have people over react when they have their comments challenged and respond in a belligerent manner that is unjustified .

Thanks ,I know it allready happened

The lefties on here sure get belligerent...

May I offer you a belated welcome.

Thanks

Welcome to our little place. Stick around.

I appreciate the welcome ,thanks

I think youll like it here...

Thank you

This site does an excellent job of weeding out the jerkiest of jerks, but if you walk in the front door carrying a bible you will be greeted by Human Nature exactly as it is everywhere else.

skado Level 9 Jan 8, 2018

Then why are you using it when you disagree with someone's view? We don't tolerate personal attacks here.

I won't say welcome because I've only been here a few days myself and it'd seem a bit arrogant. However, lovely to see another new member! I've found this site to be as friendly and respectful as it is interesting, so I hope you;ll enjoy it as much as I have. 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

Another newbie. We can welcome each other

Food for thought, welcome

jeffy Level 7 Jan 8, 2018

Thanks

Perhaps because this site is in it's infancy there is a certain amount of venting and the use of derogatory language. Doubtless, there are some who see it as a platform for the expression of discontent in a variety of forms. Even the most distinguished lose their cool from time to time and utter four letter expletives out of a sense of sheer frustration. However, I’m sure that you will find some great contributions on this site and I’m sure that the number will increase with the passage of time... 🙂

Thanks

Welcome. Looking forward to reading your posts and comments. My sympathies regarding the unfriendly or abusive experiences you had on other sites.

Thanks

Some slander here not a lot. Seems to be a lot of realist which is good. Have a good experience.

Thanks

Welcome, and thank you for your perspective.

Thanks for the welcome

I do cuss because it feels like you're releasing pent-up stress when I do but if I see a post of your's I'll try not to cuss! Lol.

Don’t worry I am not against cussing ,I do it all the time . I’m only against it in a bullying type of way ,or in a personal manner .Would you believe that someone already insinuated that I was a moron on this site because of a grammatical error

@juli15 Wow, really?! This site is pretty good about being respectful. Oh well, there are always those people that will ruin it for everyone else. Ignore em!

@juli15 You will find a lot of grammatical errors on this site, but not many morons.

Welcome and enjoy the show!

Thank you

Welcome aboard

Thank you

Agreed. They must have been some very "interesting" sites. In the end its true. Does nothing to validate ones point, when one is too enthralled with strong emotion against a noun they don't like.
Oh, and welcome 🙂

Thanks for the welcome . Some people are not aware of the difference between constructive criticism and a personal attack

Thanks for joining! We are trying to create a more positive community than other sites. We're stronger that way.

Admin Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

We don't need personal attacks. This new member has done it on another post to several people including me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13626
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.