Agnostic.com

44 5

What if you are the GOD ?

Hey Agnostic community, my name is mohssin, and i from morocco, a little country in north africa, i was muslim before i leave my religion, no one around me know that i leave this insane religion, cause that can cost my life !.

So let's discuss about my question, just imagine if you are the god ? I know, this may appear insane, but i believe in this idea, i don't have arguments to defend, and i don't know if there are already philosophic idea like that.

glade to join you guys <3

mohssin 3 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Martian philosophy from Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land: "Thou art God." Every self-aware being is God. You, me, everything and everyone that has this awareness. ("Grokking", in the vernacular of the novel.)

In the novel, this came with magical powers (due to Martian discipline and training, it was science fiction after all) but the principle that knowing you're God and all things around you are also God means essentially the same thing as being an atheist. You have no responsibility to an external deity, you bear complete responsibility for your own actions, and also responsibility to conduct yourself rightly.

I used to be a demi-goddess when I was dabbling in IT at another job, but that particular heaven is more like hell because if you let slip you know anything about 'puters your are instantly the slave of the unworthy and expected to drop everything and fix their mess as fast as they make it. So now I hide my knowledge under a bushel and feign ignorance in exchange for peace.

Crowley based his works on a similar notion.

Nah........ I know I'm not God because if I was, this messed up world would not be in the mess that it is in.

There's a school of philosophical theology called pandeism and there's a similar one called pantheism. You can look them up on the internet. In summary, they posit that god is not separate and apart from the universe and everything is essentially god in a way. You can also look up the philosopher, Alan Watts; he taught a lot about these concepts

obis Level 6 July 21, 2018

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay.
Congratulations on leaving the insanity of religion.

If I'm god, I'm disappointed. My "powers" are for shit.

If I am the God I am doing a really lousy job of it, given how messed up the world is.

True.
Get on it...

Because you ARE...
A PART OF GOD

EVEN IF ONLY A PUBIC HAIR

Welcome, Buddy! You are among friends, here.. (even if some of us "ahem" make stupid angry mistakes..) Not naming names, or anything, lol.. I really hope you feel like you belong here. This site was an amazing discovery for me..

"You and I are all as much continuous with the physical universe as a wave is continuous with the ocean.
The ocean waves and the universe peoples.

What you do is what the whole universe is doing at the place you call 'here and now.'
You are something the whole universe is doing, in the same way that a wave is something the whole ocean is doing."

If there is a "god" we are part of it, EVERYTHING is connected. WE have the power, and collectively, I guess you could say we are all "gods". Man made God in his image..

You are right, of course. Welcome.

If l am the God, we are all in deep doo-doo!

"What if you are the GOD ?"

Like, when was I not?

JacarC Level 8 July 21, 2018

You don't have a cat, do you?

@chalupacabre You been reading my other posts.

Well im a pretty poor god unfortunately

weeman Level 7 July 21, 2018

I am indeed! Thanks for noticing. Youre pretty godlike yourself.

You should look into hindu and buddhist cosmology if this idea interests you. They do believe that we are each a piece of god that forgot who it was, in a manner of speaking. Dont take it too literally, but a beautiful idea.

Can I be 'A' god and not 'The' god so I've got someone to hang out with> 🙂

If you are responsible and always try to do the right thing and treat others with respect and dignity, then in a way you are your own god and have to answer to the face in the mirror

I’ve heard of this theory before. Like maybe I’m the center of everything and you are all just a part of my story.

antman Level 7 July 23, 2018

I'm brobably just an extra in the background of your story, with no lines.. Lol.. Westworld fodder..

@Loud_Love you just made your brief one line entrance into the story that is my life.

@antman - HAHA!! I guess that's true.. Oh, look, two lines! Does that qualify as a part? Or will I be "Athiest #3", seated at a table in the background? I always wanted to be in the picture shows!

@Loud_Love now you’re just over playing your part ?

@antman - LOL!!

No...
ALL are a Part of God...

Your statement is not God... But a sociopath.

Read the Egg..
[highexistence.com]

Or watch a version of it:

Welcome to the site, Mohssin.

Welcome! And the only true god is the god within yourself.

Man made God...God did not make man..peace be upon him who understands this.

Modern Satanic philosophy (which is not devil worship, but uses the name Satan more figuratively) states that "there are no gods but the self" and calls on individuals to create their own moral codes and ways of living. Of course they do not mean that we have magical powers, but that our life can proceed according to our own plan, and that makes us godlike.

That's what Eminem said, maybe you should get in touch with him.

You are "god"....the brain/humans made the whole thing up to both deal with the fear of death and also to try and understand our place in the Universe.

Welcome, Mohssin... I know I'm the master of my own domain but I'm not sure if I'm the 'God'...

I am that I am? Well... I'm doing a terrible job of it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.