Agnostic.com

6 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Should American states merge into these 11 cultures..or does it make any difference?

Still currently one nation under (A dog)

Who is "America," to make the decision?

How could it be done-- create an average of these beliefs and attitudes and have the government force the prescribed culture onto everyone?

Why would anyone want to?

Can you deconstruct the word "should" here?

@LionMousePudding

No..no..no...!!!!!!

It's Should?..as in the interogotive Should?????

@Hitchens Should is a value. It is an opinion at the very least; not the opinion of what should be, or your question; but by the opinion of what judges the should. However, that was a semantic afterthought by a linguist raised by a philosopher!

The rest of my questions are far more relevant 🙂

@LionMousePudding I suppose I was wondering if Americans of similar cultural identity..in the outlined areas on the map would benefit in any way from a consolidation of the areas into super states...but even as I finished the question..I thought it was horseshit....if anything it would further polarize an already devided nation...I just didn't get round to deleting it..

Makes me miss New Orleans, even more than usual.

Hmmmm as a born raised Texan and now expat to yankeedom much of this is contrary to my personal experience.
It's almost reversed, seriously. AFA the border of "El Norte"/"Greater Appalachia" vs "Yankeedom", at least in S.E. Michigan. yeah hmmm

Qualia Level 8 July 22, 2018

I have lived in 5 of them 6 if you count Guam

azzow2 Level 9 July 22, 2018

I have too!! Partly because of that I'm a really bad fit where I currently live.

@HippieChick58 I have been fortunate in the adventure department.

@azzow2 My ex was in the Army. I have made 23 moves in my life.

@HippieChick58 Mostly life took me around Guam was the Navy

And so the eggshell is already cracked. It is just a matter of time.

@JustKip The Original United States was 37 states short from today so Whats your point?

He's got southern Ohio pegged.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:137228
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.