Agnostic.com

14 15

Sharing a story.
so today I went to a mechanic, was waiting in the waiting area, in comes a lady in her late 60,s
I am used to the random god crap, so at first I did my best o ignore her. then she starts preaching to the room about how she has been saved, and how god this and jesus that, I finally told her to stop. that this is not church and I did not come here for a sermon. I got the usual I will pray for you crap, and the jesus said to spread the word, and it was her right to do so. she quickly found out what freedom of speech is, and it works both ways, that her god was fiction, and there are 100s of gods still worshiped and 1000s more dead. or called mythology. so after she lost, she started trying to gain support from other god believers in the room, typical bully crap from these tards. as if more crazy believers will make her correct. I sat there giggling at her attempts that I have seen repeated over the years, and this just made her even more upset. then she told me trump was great, and we were fighting a spiritual war. I had to laugh and say, so your war is imagined too huh? I went outside and smoked after that.

MichaelSpinler 8 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The minute she brought Trump into her spiritual realm was the minute she was doubly cracked.

If you had worked there you'd have been fired.

Money is power and whoever has the money has the power

Hey, Michael, I would've stuck my fingers in my ears, to block her voice, then walk out.

I am glad I never have these kinds of things happen to me

I live in rural Florida , a deep republican , alt right area, When I moved into my house I had an older couple come to me, They saw my Obama sign in the yard and told me out here we go by the good book, I said great I like good books. They then lectured me on the bible and I said I have read it cover to cover and put it up there with Homer and the Iliad, Not knowing anything about Homer I was then able to point to a belief is great powers and such, They then stated that it is ONLY the bible that is considered the good book, I smiled and said yes it is a good book but also fiction. We now only say Hello as I am the satan of the neighborhood.

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

I live in rural Florida , a deep republican , alt right area, When I moved into my house I had an older couple come to me, They saw my Obama sign in the yard and told me out here we go by the good book, I said great I like good books. They then lectured me on the bible and I said I have read it cover to cover and put it up there with Homer and the Iliad, Not knowing anything about Homer I was then able to point to a belief is great powers and such, They then stated that it is ONLY the bible that is considered the good book, I smiled and said yes it is a good book but also fiction. We now only say Hello as I am the satan of the neighborhood.

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

You left the room, in her eyes she won. Never leave your post soldier... I am sure she did a victory lap while you smoke.

@MichaelSpinler you know what the mother will ask.... "what did you find out son?". But Thank You for Your Service and Sacrifice and thank his son too if you ever see him again.

Proselytizing at Pep-Boys eh? Know you had fun with that one.

She was being so damn out of place , and inappropriate . I definitely would not be able to remain silent. Kudos to you !

awesome, good for you! We don't get a lot of those types where I live.

Did anyone step up to preach with her or were they just sitting back watching the show?
In the future I hope she thinks twice before trying to disturb people just trying to go about their day.

dkp93 Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

@MichaelSpinler Ha! Even her son was sick of her bs. That's hilarious.

Gee we don't have that around here-guess we're lucky. If someone did that around here they'd be placed in handcuffs and taken to a psychiatric hospital. No Holy Rollers around here!

Thanks for standing up for yourself, and for all of us. I hope more people will do this.

That's precious... Philanderer in Chief is great?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.