Agnostic.com

7 0

QUESTION Oprah Winfrey - does speech provide clues about presidential run? - BBC News

If Oprah Winfrey, runs for President of the USA, would you vote her? Yes or now. Support your answer

Humanlove 7 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes her speech and Stedman Graham, her long-time significant other, have strongly hinted she is willing to consider it, Yes I would vote for her. We need a strong popular, well respected candidate.Oprah is a business success, is empathetic and tells the truth.

Good luck when her turn comes.

Bernie had a large group know as the Bernie brothers who supported him. They did so because they did not want a woman in office. How does one think Opra would do? It is this kind of divisiveness that got us where we are today. Pragmatics should rule over special interest.

This is like a new reality TV show. Celebrity President.

Nothing wrong with it, provided they came through the right channel of democracy--right?

What is it with people running for president with zero background in public service or previous elected office? No, I wouldn't vote for her, regardless of her politics. Even if I were a fan of hers, even if we matched up ideologically, I won't vote for someone whose first step into public service is an attempt at president of the United States. If she, or anyone else (looking at you, Jill Stein), wants to be president, try running for Congress or mayor or city council first, and serve the community in a lowly office for a time doing the hard, tedious work that comes with those positions. Show us you care about more than the title of the most powerful seat in the nation.

I agree with you on this note.

running mate MICHELLE !!!!

I really hope she does not run. However smart or competent she is, the US does not need another divisive billionaire with no experience in civic governance - and who has been surrounded by yes men for the last 20 years - trying to run the country like it's their own personal business again.

Never . Thats why I despise politics . In the private sector and even in most civil service jobs you have to work your self up to the top positions through tests promotions and experience . But in politics it’s all about money and any one that has money can be President,regardless of their experience. Even Oprah. And this is the most powerful position in the world . Its a joke

Pick a woman marine to be the first woman president. Not another billionaire capitalist with an acting background and their own tv channel.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13743
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.