Agnostic.com

41 3

How do you cope with the fact that any day you will die and that will be the end?

Hi guys, I would like to get your view on how you cope with the fact that any day you will die and that will be the end?

I am a person that thinks a lot and sometimes I end up with very weird thoughts and this is something that interests me. I enjoy finding deeper meaning in things.

In my case for example, last year was a very stressful year for me so I decided to do more of the things I like and less of the things for the future. So this year I will do more "Carpe Diem" and less stress.
#carpediem #whatislife

JesusOrtega21 5 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Having spent a big portion of my life in depression and constantly feeling as if I was dying and now...somehow being mostly free of depression...death seems like a natural outcome of having lived! I have no fear of death, nor am I worried that it will come to soon. And, I harbor no desire to live forever. Yet, I am not finished with life...

I have thought about it as we all must have. whats the point?

I don't have an issue with it-I'm more concerned with not having completed my work during my life (I have young adult kids with disabilities who need me till they die, and I'm not likely to outlive them...)

I just had a health issue where I thought I was on my way out at any minute for weeks. Though I of course don't want to die, as an Atheist I have no real fear about what will happen to me if I did die. I was much more concerned about the actual process. Fortunately, they hacked out my gallbladder and I am fine now.

Shit happens, so LIVE till you die.

I guess I just not a deep thinker. There's nothing to cope with, why worry about something that I have no power over?

Since there is nothing you can do about it, why worry? Just enjoy the time you have, instead of thinking about the time you don't

How do you cope with fact that the sun rotates around the earth? It just "is"....no coping necessary!

I'm looking forward to it. No more suffering.

Yes I believe my consciousness will fade. Such as if you sit in a sealed dark room and turned on a high voltage light, the heat would increase in the room. After the light is turned off, it takes time for the heat to fade and become part of the rooms temperature. Death is only an event to the one living, after that no one knows, but the odds are it is much more than this, OH I believe this. I will not be there to witness it, somehow I am involved with being.

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

Sitting in a teary puddle of quaking fear, obviously, paralyzed by the utter horror of it all.
Wait! I am not sure I understand the question.........

The key for me is spiritualism, I have a mind that transcends our humanism, We think therefore we are however , we must think of what we truly are and that is a episode in time
There is no such thing as death, Death does not occur and never has, Transitions happens continually,
The entire existence is one of energy. Nothing else, just energy and we are at a moment in that energy, Upon the demise of our chemical unit and reactions within our self, we still hold only 14 billion year old atoms which have already been within many types of space.time positions.

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

But/however, this.. y/our consciousness will fade, disappear.

"Cope"? How do you cope with the fact that he sky is blue today? I do not understand this question, sorry.

I think of this from Neil deGrasse Tyson: "I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime"

I'd like to see a figuring for the energy involved in the process (of cremation, distribution...) vs. simple burial (sans formalin, casket... clothes even).

I always think this when I see people running.

When I hear of a celebrity keel over...
I'm like... whelp... made it past that one!
/shrug
😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13776
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.