Agnostic.com

21 1

Opinion, please....

Hi, Everyone- So...I have been dating this truck driver for about 3 months. We met on another dating site where my first words in my profile were that I am an atheist, and next that I loved to watch Ancient Aliens. So, we hooked up, and I found him wonderful in every way. Yeah, he was a Christian, but I'm like "whatever-I'm not gonna demand someone be my carbon copy"....
Fast forward 3 months. He (a truck driver who called me at least every day, usually a couple of times, and we got along great) calls me as usual. I tell him I am watching Ancient Aliens, and they are talking about the possibility of aliens having come to earth and changing the dna of the human species to be the only ones with the capability of language. As always on Ancient Aliens, there is evidence of this and it makes sense. I tell him that I find this easier to believe than the bible as it was written. He hasn't called me in three days. Lol....is this how "Christians" break up?? I don't want to put him on the spot by calling, I was already the last to call.
Guys, what does this mean???

• 17 votes
  • 25 votes
AsRealAsItGets 4 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't trust truck drivers anyway. My ex husband was a long distance driver for a year or so. I've heard some stories. I probably wouldn't call.

dkp93 Level 8 Jan 8, 2018

Logic 101: You do not trust any truck divers. Some truck drivers are untrustable. That does not make all truck drivers untrustable. It's called a syllogism. πŸ˜‰ Just having fun...

@Hominid Yeah, I just knew someone would have a problem with my comment. I get it. Not all truck drivers are untrustworthy. Doesn't mean I have to go out of my way to pursue or date one. Just like I know that not all Trump supporters are ignorant bigots, but I also wouldn't waste my time dating one. She asked for our opinion, and that's mine, even if it was a bit facetious.

Ghosting

Thanks- I didn't even know what that was until I looked it up!

@AsRealAsItGets Think it you were closer I would get to know you . I just adore ancient aliens and through the wormhole.

I would call just to clarify. Then tell him you think he might have been abducted by aliens and had his emotions modified. I so wish I could do this now. Damn it. (I think you might have just avoided future issues, so you got lucky this came up early in the relationship.)

Oh, I loved this reply! Thanks for making me laugh πŸ™‚ I've decided that I'm not going to waste my emotional energy on calling him. Just gonna let him go- I don't beg. BUT...if he does call me, you can BET that will be the first (and last) thing I say to him. I don't play games!

@AsRealAsItGets I think your decision is much wiser. His loss and (I would bet) you dodged a relationship bullet the easy way.

If he's trying to break up with you, that's not a function of his Christianity or your atheism. A guy will put up with a lot of annoyances from a woman if he likes her.

There are also all sorts of reasons why he might not call. If he keeps on not returning your calls, then that's one thing, but this sounds pretty recent.

Call. Ask. Talk. Maybe lay off the "Aliens are more probable than your silly religion" stuff because it's not hard to see how he could feel insulted by that.

Thanks, Erik. It wasn't really demeaning like that, more like-"It's definitely a possibility, I guess I find it to be a little more plausible than the bible exactly as it's written".....I was always walking on eggshells a little when I talked about religion with him, and-thanks- you just helped me realize- I don't want that kind of relationship, anyway.

In respect for the last 3 months, Call him. After dumping him in the call. Call me.

He could be struggling with how to respond. There could be a hundred reasons he hasn't called.
maybe he crashed his truck and lied in a ditch waiting to be found for three days. Why not give a guy the benefit of the doubt, just one time?

Gary Level 4 Jan 9, 2018

I believe that your boyfriend doesn't think outside the box. If I talk to people about things such as Chemtrails and some conspiracies I am looked upon as being mad. I do believe there are Aliens walking among us and the whole idea fascinates me.

Is he worth your time? If he is, then try and work it out. If he’s not, find someone else.

Call him. But, unless he was already beginning to question Christian beliefs before he met you, you're probably doomed as a couple anyway. I hope I am wrong but that is what my experience tells me.

If he doesn't call you can call him for closure if you want to know. I did this with a guy who cancelled on me last minute on a romantic weekend. He wouldn't answer his texts. Write it off unless you're in love with the guy.

If he doesn't call you can call him for closure if you want to know. I did this with a guy who cancelled on me last minute on a romantic weekend. He wouldn't answer his texts. Write it off unless you're in love with the guy.

Just call him and find out. You'll drive yourself crazy with "what ifs" if you don't.
Life is short. Don't waste your time on questioning what you can easily find out.

I don't believe in Ancient Aliens either but I sure wouldn't make an issue out of it especially if I cared for someone. My goodness there are important issues. Good luck whatever you do.

gearl Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

call him or you will never know.

My grandfather was a truck driver....he had 9 wives and dead at 52... you've dodged a bullet lol

If his faith is that important to him, leave him to it. Religious conflict sounds like the last thing you want.

Is the potential of the relationship worth making 2 calls in a row? There is your answer, yay or nay, if it's no, well, time to move on, even if he does call now.

I don't won't to give you advice instead I would like you to think. Do you want to be with someone that gets angry over a miner difference of opinion and then refuses to talk to you? Is that the behaviour of a mature adult or a child? Do you want an adult relationship with a child? Is his not calling you a punishment to manipulate your behaviour? Is he playing mind games by intentionally emotionally withdrawing from you? Do you want to be with someone who plays mind games?

what can you possibly lose by calling. everything to gain

After three months of daily calls, some more than once a day, you have trouble calling him twice in a row? It’s not the aliens causing problems here, or Jesus. Either you want to be with him or you don’t, not sure calling him judgemental on religion is the best way to break up with him? Yet it could work. ??

You watch "Ancient Aliens"???!!!???

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13777
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.