Agnostic.com

18 12

Calling out well!!

Do you ever do it?
If yes, how often and how do you normally spend the day.

If no, why not?

I called out well today because I just needed a complete day off. No errands, chores, kid activities. Just a day to sit, read, watch a movie/show, polish my nails, etc.

Crimson67 8 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

yep

btroje Level 9 July 23, 2018

I don't. I would feel guilty. Plus with my job, there's always cleanup from the day I wasn't there. And at my age, I may need PTOP days off for life issues...................but I so want to lol

I don't. I would feel guilty. Plus with my job, there's always cleanup from the day I wasn't there. And at my age, I may need PTOP days off for life issues...................but I so want to lol

If I have no sick days, I like to call in dead. Those days will be spent riding my bike (in places where no one from work is likely to see a zombie pedaling around), reading, artwork.....

As a boss, this would piss me off--- in the restaurant industry, it sucks to be short-handed. In other situations it's probably ok as long as everything is covered 🙂 In 32 years I never once called out sick or otherwise. What's wrong with scheduling the day off in advance so your teammates and colleagues aren't stuck covering for you?

I did it a lot... for 20 years couldn't do it in the military. But I took my sick leave as a civilian despite being well... I had been very, very healthy!!! Good For You.... Do not feel bad and Enjoy it. Remember... You are not the only one doing it... Have a great untrump day!!!

Last time I called out of work was because I had been snowed in...Honestly I prefer not to because my job is incredibly easy and 8 hours=300 bucks.

@Crimson67 well even more reason to call out.

I make my own schedule and if I need time I take it, hell a lot of times I am on. Conference calls I am at home in my skivies

Phin Level 6 July 23, 2018

Never. I’m actually more bored at home than work. I actually tend to look forward to the weekend ending.

I call it industrial diarrhea. I've got the shits with work.

AKA "playing hooky." LOL! Only once or twice. Once I went wine-tasting. Taking the Fifth on the other. =]

I thought you'd retired.....
Kind of a "Major Hot Lips".
What are you doing calling in "well"???

posh. enjoy.

I used to. I didn't see why I should lose a budgeted benefit because I enjoyed good health. I always got ahead of my work-load so the business didn't suffer and after the awkward call with the fake sore throat I felt like Ferris Bueller for the rest of the day.

Gareth Level 7 July 23, 2018

I have taken mental health day on occasion after checking to make sure I don't have any meetings scheduled 🙂

When I worked I did it all the time. I was fortunate enough to have a job that I could be replaced with a temporary anytime with no backlash from my employer.

I did call in horny once. They didn't buy it.

Good for you!! Enjoy your day!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:137885
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.