Agnostic.com

33 6

Do you think there is good to reinvent yourself sometimes or to keep doing the old way?

I reinvent myself whenever there is need to reach what I dream. Do you think there is good to reinvent yourself sometimes or to keep doing the old way?

Sensiwoman7 6 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with the theme of the 32 prior comments to focus on evolving. Little things, over time, are the big things. So many areas this applies to: diet, exercise, how you choose to spend your time (junk TV and social media versus say reading , expanding your knowledge and learning about new things) investing, everything. Gradual and consistent.

There are exceptions where a sudden change needs to be made: toxic relationship, substance addiction, maybe a horrible job.

I think it depends on the specific area you are resetting in life. I always believe in double checking your intentions for change.

I like change. I feel the need to shake things up in my life at times, so I do. A new haircut also helps me find inspiration to reinvent myself. That and a wig 😉

I have never reinvented myself, when you believe in yourself the most you do is slowly evolve.

everyone you meet sees you differently and your minds not static thing so what exactly are you reinventing happens every day

weeman Level 7 July 23, 2018

Anyone may change and improve, however the idea of self reinvention seems inherently dishonest to me.
You are who you are, anything else is living a lie, that is a speciality of the religious.

Not necessarily in reinventing yourself, but there is definitely good in never ending the learning process. Keep your mind open and active.

I think it's a good thing. I'm trying to do that now. There's always something new out there.

IABM Level 3 July 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138058
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.