Agnostic.com

12 3

Any other vegans/vegetarians on here? (Lol...in case you thought being an Atheist was lonely!) Just wondering, and wanting to meet other curious or like minded people. It's my first night here!

AsRealAsItGets 4 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've been a vegan for about 20 years, and a vegetarian for 4 years prior to that. Also I have been gluten free for the last 4 years. I sometimes find it lonely but I never push my diet on others. I do often wonder how long standing vegans can ever go back to an omnivorous/carnivorous diet.

Vegetarian for 25 years, and I was vegan for ten of those until cheese got the better of me!

Jnei Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

@AsRealAsItGets Recently, muscle tissue from a cow was grown and made to grow into strands and was used to make meat patties. People could not tell the difference between this and other meat. What are your thoughts on this process? Is it still meat or simply laboratory grown protein as no animal was killed to make it?

I'm not good enough a chef for that but we eat alot less than we used to

I am not, but should be, vegan is so hard. Many vego friends, only 2 vegan.

I actually love vegan and vegetarian food, but find it time consuming to prepare. I agree with the alternatives, in fact always have various nut milks in the fridge, for the taste. One of my pending projects is to make a cheese based on coconut with fig sap as the reactor.

I’m returning to vegetarianism after 2.5 years of being a meat eater again. I realized I felt better when I was a vegetarian and did a better job of watching what I eat. I’d like to cut out dairy but I’m weak. I love too many things with it in there. I care for a man who is 91 and running physically at 100%. He only eats fish and fruits and veggies. Very little bread, no dairy. He had a heart attack 12 years ago and shifted to this regimen. I have a hard time keeping up with him some days.

I’m fortunate that I have a choice and can be particular about what I eat. Others do not have the same luxury. I do not throw a fit or make a big deal about being around meat. I just don’t eat it. Though I get flack from the meat eaters too.

Welcome to the tribe. You’ll love the people here.

I’ve tried some @CMilena but I didn’t like much of what I did try. I’m in Texas (cow country) so my options to try are VERY limited. But I do use some alternatives, like almond milk. But I’m not much of a cook, so I get things to use at home.

I used to be a vegetarian many years ago. But after about five or so years, I decided to be the man I was created to be... an omnivore.

Yah, I'm not that hung up on "language." As a writer, words don't frighten me, so I don't mind admitting that I am a product of the earth around me, and that I am made in the image of the nature I live in.

And if you think that just because you don't eat meat you're a better person, you are WRONG... Why would you think that only "animals" have any kind of response to their environment?

Bottom line: for me to eat, something must die. Nature "created" us that we survived based entirely on other species, wither plants or animals. All creatures eat something. That's how we were created.
[pri.org]

Vegetarian about 10 years, poised to go vegan whenever I decide to commit. Eliminated dairy and gluten over a year ago. Gluten was hardest.

Where I live, I feel like I have to hide my dietary choices if I don't want to be branded a hipster-condriach and treated to derision. Especially re gluten. My experience has been that people don't get curious, don't ask, don't listen. They just hear something and all the blanks are immediately filled in--no due-process.

That's where I am, but with sour cream, butter and pasture range eggs. Thinking this is comparitively miniscule compared to where I used to be, but still open to finding better options.

you face food persecution ? !! EEK

@markdevenish that's nothing: try longboarding persecution! I'm so over the human race. 😟

Vegetarian for 18 years.

I eat less meat, though not always vegetarian. On a daily basis I usually don't eat meat. I eat beans, quinoa, veggies, nuts, sometimes cheese. Less than an egg a days, sometimes fish. When my kids come to dinner I will cook chicken or beef, never pork. When the kids cook there is always some meat. And welcome, this is a great site!

yep when i discovered pigs have the same intelligence as a 6 year old human I stopped

Well being a bodybuilder/powerlifter I eat about a farm a week, but am interested to know what your reasons are, I've tried vegan foods in the past and they aren't bad. I LOVE Quorn chicken nuggets! lol

Hi! Yeah, I've been a vegetarian since I was a teenager and realized I was a hypocrite to eat meat of I wasn't willing to kill the beastie in question.
?

I like the post where he says " all animal cruelty should be considered a felony " and someone asked " do you eat meat?" no reply

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13831
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.