Agnostic.com

4 0

Something more?

Who believes in extraterrestrial life? I would like to hear everyone's views. Whether you believe there is intelligent life on other planets or a just single cell organisms. Do you believe in UFO? I mean the universe has been around for what 14 billion years old. I personally believe there is definitely something out there.

Jjones 4 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Speculating that there very well could be extra terrestrial life in the universe is one thing. I tend to side on the notion that it's possible.

Believing that "aliens" have landed on Earth and there are hidden alien bases and alien technology is pretty ridiculous...no disrespect intended.

I'll pose another question or twenty to anyone who happens to believe this.

If there is in fact other life in the universe, why would you assume that it's intelligent life?

If it is intelligent, why would you assume that they have the technology to visit us?

Do you have any idea what level of technology it would take for "aliens" to have visited Earth?

Do you not find it absolutely ridiculous that an alien species with the amazing amount of technology required to actually reach Earth (let alone FIND that there is life on Earth to begin with), that they would "crash land" and we would capture them!?!

Unless you feel like this amazingly advanced species found us, traveled here and purposely contacted us....and when they got here they communicated what? Seriously..."take me to your politicians"?
I'm pretty sure they would be more likely to say "take me to your scientists".

Seriously, do you have ANY comprehension of the vastness of the universe?

I'm hoping that you don't really think there is intelligent alien life within our solar system. Assuming that...from a Google search, the next nearest solar system is about 10.5 light years away. (also the likelihood of our nearest neighbor hosting alien life is about as likely the earth being flat)

But...That's 10.5 years of travel at the speed of light (186,000 miles per SECOND). In case you're unfamiliar with the basics of Einstein's theory of Special Relativity, in a nutshell, the faster you try to accelerate, the more energy it takes. The more energy you put into acceleration, the more massive you become, hence making the energy put into accelerating less effective. In other words...probably not even getting close. (BTW, I'm no scientist, but I do enjoy learning and I read)

My point being that if you don't understand how difficult it would be to cross the vast distances of space to reach an alien civilization, then please don't just "believe" some garbage documentary that was created.

You might as well believe in god.

They are here. They are with us now. They come on meteors & asteroids. They are called bacteria. & they out smart us all the time.

I think it is highly probable that a life form is out there.

I think the odds of something being out there are greater than the odds of making the connection.

Sadly, I have to agree with you.

@Jjones if they were anything like us at all I would say we're fortunate.

It's about time the US government admitted that of course aliens exist.

I've watched the documentary "Unacknowledged," seen on Netflix and Youtube, with videos of Hillary, Obama, NSA agents, scientists, astronauts, etc discussing how the US has been using alien tech and interacting with many alien races since WW ll, but keeps it secret to avoid having to share the technology.

'UFO Hacker' hacks into NSA database and finds evidence of hidden alien bases, alien technology in the US government files [wired.com] via @WIRED

I did see unacknowledged. It was a very good documentary. I am not dead set that their are UFO but I definitely don't out it out if the Realm of possibilities. There could be civilizations out there that are 1000s if years more advanced in us. Imagije the technolody they could have.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138386
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.