Agnostic.com

4 1

What was your worst experience flying?

Perhaps I shouldn't ask in light of of the fact that I am traveling today, but I am curious if anyone has experienced the seat mate with smelly feet, the snorer, the person with horrible hygiene, a flight that was rerouted, turbulence so bad even the flight attendants scream. Every single one of these I’ve experienced. What about you?

MyLiege 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was in a light Aircraft flying from a small local airport to fly around the Island where I live, The flight went without a hitch until making our approach to land. The undercarriage didn't come down, the pilot contacted the control tower and we did 4 very low slow passes of the tower for them to see if there were any obvious troubles visible. All the time while this was going on I couldn't help but think of one of my idles Buddy Holly, I thought I was going to "go" the same way. it was irrational to assume the worst but that's where my mind went, I actually found a strange calm at the time and kept the other passenger talking and calm while the pilot did his best to sort out the issue. luckily the pilot found a loose electrical connection in the cockpit. we landed safely and I shook that mans hand. Only on telling my grandfather about this did I find out that he's been in three crashes his "favourite" was landing a Tiger Moth upside down.

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 9, 2018

My first flight was from Reno to Denver on United Airlines. I had no idea how connections worked, and thought my heart was going to stop beating when the flight attendant said something about service to Baltimore. I was supposed to meet my sister at Stapleton International in Colorado, and my poor mind reeled about how to explain to my parents and United and everyone else what I was doing in Maryland. How could I get on the wrong plane like that? Would I be fined for taking a ride three times as long as the ticket called for? Baltimore??

Sure enough, the plane landed in Denver, and they never did have to call for a defibrillator. I still think that would have been necessary if they had mentioned Kuala Lampur or Johannesburg, though. 🙂

Never flown but I have fallen and I didnt like that

Odyn Level 4 Jan 9, 2018

A flight from SF to Australia that was 24 hours late by the time we arrived. A nightmare of sitting in various airport waiting rooms being told to stay where we were cause the flight would leave in 15 minutes ... rinse and repeat.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13873
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.