Agnostic.com

43 4

Other than religion, in what way are you a minority where you live?

From something major like race, to a viewpoint, hobby, or characteristic-- the question is open: what way are you a minority? (Non-religion is the obvious 🙂 )

silvereyes 8 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a black Male born in Haiti.

I live in an extremely progressive and active community but I also take the definition of open minded liberal seriously. I question everything and have even been called a "curmudgeon" (but in a friendly way). A lot of things I question people about they don't want to hear (like immigration, vegetarianism, charity donations even so called social justice issues). My late partner did the same but they listened to her (her body language and mannerisms) but they don't listen to me. It is a message, messenger thing and a "Smile & Denial" thing.

@silvereyes I haven't heard from you in a while but am glad I did. Remember, body language can also be in the face we show to the group.

Timely reply, I am again being harassed because I question some things and people don't want to hear it. It is the same old story; criticisms and name calling without any rational. I ask simple questions but get no reply. I have written a question for the group about this but need some formalizing time. Absolutely yes, the political left is often as bad as the political right (or wrong) and am happy you recognize this.

TO quote Bukowski I don't hate people I just do better when they are not around

Other than religion, I am a minority (or sort of a minority) in that:

I am taller than the average woman. 5'9" -- I lost half an inch with age. 😟

I am a "tomboy" who would rather be in jeans and boots, than dresses and heels.

I am the only woman at my job with small boobs. The rest are about half naturally big; and the other half are artificially huge.

I have naturally curly hair - where 95% of hairstyles are straight in my world.

I am liberal - very.

I would not go to a typical zoo, to Sea World, or to "swim with dolphins." (I WOULD go to a wildlife refuge where the animals are rescued and not in small cages; and I WOULD go whale watching, etc.)

I don't own a Saints or an LSU shirt -- I think I am the ONLY person in Louisiana who doesn't. (I don't know crap about American football players and stats, but I understand the game and will watch sometimes when the Saints are playing.)

My daughter is bi-racial. When we lived in L.A. and Seattle, that was run-of-the-mill normal. In Louisiana, it is not.

I ride my own Harley-Davidson -- and I do it in riding boots, not six-inch heels. Women riders are very much still a minority.

I don't have a problem with football players taking a knee during the National Anthem. Peaceful protest is peaceful protest and that right shouldn't be denied to anyone.

Yep -- I'm definitely in the minority here on that one. People are soooooooooooooo ignorant about this. I know people "protesting the NFL" and focusing on how much money somebody makes. I said "But, does that money take away their Constitutional rights?" Arrrrrghghghghghhhh.....

I am a blabber mouth. Science, Sociology, Theater, Technology I love to talk about things that I feel enlightened by. People who find such things tedious or boring frustrate me. I would rather be in a room with people vastly more intelligent than me than feel a false sense of superiority by hanging our with the incurably dull.

I'm a female anti natalist
I'm from the south and I can't stand sweet ice tea.
I love watching football.
During gardening season I'm always playing in the dirt

I am a transplant in the south and cannot understand the allure of sweet iced-tea. It is disgusting to me.

Being an sculptor and eco village builder. Plus, alway open spiritual sided.
I am an minority where ever I Go.

Actually as non-religious person I am not a minority in my home country.
What makes me a minority is being liberal.

Interesting, indeed.

I'm a (mostly) liberal in a land of conservatives.

I am the sexiest man around, the smartest man around, the most liked man around, I am so awesome that people around where I am want to worship me. THEN I WAKE UP AND REALIZE IT IS ALL IN MY MIND.

@silvereyes I am a black male originally from the Caribbean who moved to the United States when I was eleven years old and I like classical music, and astrophysics.

@silvereyes I was a child when I left, ten and a half almost eleven years old. I have no friends or family left over there.

I am disabled paralyzed below the shoulders

sean Level 3 Jan 9, 2018

Vegetarian.

Female longboarder.

Guess which one causes people's eyes to pop out of their heads.

I do my own thing and I am covered in tattoos

Liberals seem to be a minority where I live.

• I am a Type 1 diabetic (most people with diabetes have Type 2)
  • I am in the top 10% of wage earners in my town
  • I am a Libertarian
  • I work from home
  • I graduated from the college in the town where I live with a double-major
  • I have two patents
  • I doubt many around here have climbed the Temple of Kukulkan, a.k.a. El Castillo, which is the Mayan calendar/pyramid at Chichen Itza

I could probably come up with a few others if I really put my mind to it. These are the things that semi-randomly entered my head. 🙂

@silvereyes haha

Are you saying that there are not many libertarians where you live?

@BlueWave this is a VERY blue county. I suspect there are quite a few libertarians (little 'l'😉 but not many Libertarians (big 'L'.) There is no Libertarian Party chapter in this county.

I let my dog roam around the hood [ 10 pound weakling]

I've lived out of the country. Except for veterans, thats a novelty here.

where'd ya live?

@markdevenish Cornwall, Ontario; Thompson, Manitoba; and Lachine, Quebec. I learned Parisian French in school in IN, Ontario French from my husband, Quebecois from friends in Quebec, and Academic French for my work in Quebec.

@EllenDale I was in Montreal last July. My cousin and his partner live there. LOVE that city!!

I am a woman uninterested in having children or a white picket fence lifestyle.

I have a grey picket fence?

Well, I speak Spanish and I am a woman....and since I look Irish I drive everybody very confused. LOL

I was going to guess Portugal, but I see on your profile that you were born in Argentina. One of the best restaurants in my memory is an Argentinian steakhouse in Encino, California.

I'm curious about your demand on your profile that those who are native Spanish speakers not contact you. What is that about?

@BlueWave 1) In Portugal the official language is not Spanish...so your guess was way off. 2) About no being interested in Spanish speaking people....I don't care for their misunderstood machismo and arrogance..

@DUCHESSA 1) Oops....2) Got it. Kinda.

Well... there aint to many pilots or motorcyclists around here. I used to dazzle my neighbors with all my toys. I went to the Galveston rally every year for the weekend. That was fun. Every April I would head to Florida for Bensen Days. That was awesome too.

I live in Texas and I am a secular humanist, a liberal, I love ALL my brothers and sisters in my human family and in Texas, you can not get much more minority than that.

I'm a single dad with a special needs son and a (nearly) grown daughter. I catch a lot of flak from the 'dad's can't be moms too' people (and I give it right back to them 100x)

I am not Chinese or Indian I was actually born here (No offence to the Chinese or Indians, you know I love you)

Sacha Level 7 Jan 9, 2018

Liberal, vegetarian, guitarist (and among the musicians in a town of 60,000, i'm one of few who actually knows anything about music theory), college graduate, diabetic. At this point, i'm not sure if being divorced puts me in the majority or minority. Oh yeah, no kids. Seems to be a pretty rare thing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13915
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.