Agnostic.com

43 4

Other than religion, in what way are you a minority where you live?

From something major like race, to a viewpoint, hobby, or characteristic-- the question is open: what way are you a minority? (Non-religion is the obvious 🙂 )

silvereyes 8 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many many other ways: I am an academic, I am bi, I do not like dogs or cats, I hate most popular tv programs, watching sports and especially stuff like soccer or baseball bores me to death, I love classical music, and I start to get fits of compulsory yawning when people start to small-talk or talk about other people not present. Among other things.

I personally know of only one man whom I think identifies as bisexual. It really does seem to be a tiny minority of men who are.

I'm a liberal in a small conservative town.

I am a multi-tattooed and occasionally pierced female.

I like to dye my hair funky colors (this is unusual for a almost 60yr old here).

I'll post more when they come to me.

I live in an extremely progressive and active community but I also take the definition of open minded liberal seriously. I question everything and have even been called a "curmudgeon" (but in a friendly way). A lot of things I question people about they don't want to hear (like immigration, vegetarianism, charity donations even so called social justice issues). My late partner did the same but they listened to her (her body language and mannerisms) but they don't listen to me. It is a message, messenger thing and a "Smile & Denial" thing.

@silvereyes I haven't heard from you in a while but am glad I did. Remember, body language can also be in the face we show to the group.

Timely reply, I am again being harassed because I question some things and people don't want to hear it. It is the same old story; criticisms and name calling without any rational. I ask simple questions but get no reply. I have written a question for the group about this but need some formalizing time. Absolutely yes, the political left is often as bad as the political right (or wrong) and am happy you recognize this.

I am a blabber mouth. Science, Sociology, Theater, Technology I love to talk about things that I feel enlightened by. People who find such things tedious or boring frustrate me. I would rather be in a room with people vastly more intelligent than me than feel a false sense of superiority by hanging our with the incurably dull.

I'm a female anti natalist
I'm from the south and I can't stand sweet ice tea.
I love watching football.
During gardening season I'm always playing in the dirt

I am a transplant in the south and cannot understand the allure of sweet iced-tea. It is disgusting to me.

Vegetarian.

Female longboarder.

Guess which one causes people's eyes to pop out of their heads.

I do my own thing and I am covered in tattoos

• I am a Type 1 diabetic (most people with diabetes have Type 2)
  • I am in the top 10% of wage earners in my town
  • I am a Libertarian
  • I work from home
  • I graduated from the college in the town where I live with a double-major
  • I have two patents
  • I doubt many around here have climbed the Temple of Kukulkan, a.k.a. El Castillo, which is the Mayan calendar/pyramid at Chichen Itza

I could probably come up with a few others if I really put my mind to it. These are the things that semi-randomly entered my head. 🙂

@silvereyes haha

Are you saying that there are not many libertarians where you live?

@BlueWave this is a VERY blue county. I suspect there are quite a few libertarians (little 'l'😉 but not many Libertarians (big 'L'.) There is no Libertarian Party chapter in this county.

I let my dog roam around the hood [ 10 pound weakling]

I've lived out of the country. Except for veterans, thats a novelty here.

where'd ya live?

@markdevenish Cornwall, Ontario; Thompson, Manitoba; and Lachine, Quebec. I learned Parisian French in school in IN, Ontario French from my husband, Quebecois from friends in Quebec, and Academic French for my work in Quebec.

@EllenDale I was in Montreal last July. My cousin and his partner live there. LOVE that city!!

I am a woman uninterested in having children or a white picket fence lifestyle.

I have a grey picket fence?

I am a sumo wrestler, so that puts me in a minority everywhere in the United States LOL.

I just moved to Wisconsin in a predominantly white town, so there's that too now

Not wanting to have children it's definitely more common nowadays, but still not the norm for most people I think

I am a gardener and I try to stay organic. I have a worm box in my pantry. I compost. I handcraft. I don't watch cable TV. I read more than 40 books a years. I cook from scratch. I am definitely a round peg in a square hole.

I'm a black Male born in Haiti.

Being an sculptor and eco village builder. Plus, alway open spiritual sided.
I am an minority where ever I Go.

I'm a (mostly) liberal in a land of conservatives.

I am the sexiest man around, the smartest man around, the most liked man around, I am so awesome that people around where I am want to worship me. THEN I WAKE UP AND REALIZE IT IS ALL IN MY MIND.

@silvereyes I am a black male originally from the Caribbean who moved to the United States when I was eleven years old and I like classical music, and astrophysics.

@silvereyes I was a child when I left, ten and a half almost eleven years old. I have no friends or family left over there.

Well... there aint to many pilots or motorcyclists around here. I used to dazzle my neighbors with all my toys. I went to the Galveston rally every year for the weekend. That was fun. Every April I would head to Florida for Bensen Days. That was awesome too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13915
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.