Agnostic.com

10 0

Does appearance outweigh knowledge?

Scenario: great looking person starts to notice you at a party while you've been hanging with someone that agrees with you and looks ok.
Question: Do you kind of side step your friend to approach the person thats been eying you?

• 9 votes
  • 13 votes
BucketlistBob 8 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Looks seldom indicate compatibility.

If it comes down to just sexual attraction, then again I'd have to say that sex partners are a lot easier to find than persons who make really good friends or who are compatible.

Sexually, my experience is that people who look "hot" are seldom interested in doing anything for you, but expect you to do it all for them because they know they are "hot".

Good heavens! It's a PARTY, a place to socialize. As a friend, would you seriously expect your friends to only talk to you?

Zster Level 8 Jan 10, 2018

I am a rather shy introvert so I would never move from someone I had some common interests with.

Nope.

Person you can talk to is a sure thing: you know you can talk to them.

Unknown hottie is an unknown commodity: might be great, might be a potato.

Besides: if unknown hottie is interested enough, they'll likely find a way to talk to you--maybe when friend goes to the bathroom, or maybe they'll just bust right into your convo. Then you'll really know how serious they are about making contact.

If you rudely ditchfriend, you might lose them. If hottie comes over to introduce themselves and friend gets tetchy, you know you're better off without friend.

It's a case of odds, relative values, and using potential opportunities.

I smell a trap in this question. as others have said. Is said person you are there with that looks "ok" of the sex you enjoy having a relationship with? add in how long have you known each other and is there a option of a relationship there or is it just friends? also if the ok persons conversation is keeping me peeked I wouldn't notice the other past okay you're not a threat.

Yeah, pretty much. Someone you don't find attractive is called a friend, someone you find attractive AND get on with is a potential partner... Plenty of Sapiosexuals out there, but it's rare to find a legit one...

This is kinda hard. Just because someone agrees with me doesn't mean I enjoy them. I much prefer a conversation where there is some disagreement. However, someone intelligent and decent gets more points from me than someone hot and dumb.

You have to be social and hang out with everybody. You have to network, is the 2000's

No if hes that interested I'll let him approach me.

Except I almost never go to parties where there are available men. Sigh.

Me neither.

@MrLizard. I bet you would brother.

@MrLizard the forecast for tonight is freezing rain followed by temperatures dropping to single digits again. I will be heading your way this afternoon!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13973
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.