Agnostic.com

45 11

Do you remember your dreams?

Do you remember your dreams? Are they in color or B&W? If you're bi-lingual, do you know which language you speak? Have you ever had flying dreams? What about a "dream world" do you have a repeat "dream location"?

Sirena 7 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. I remember them occasionally, particularly if they are vivid.

2. Always in living color on the big screen (those that I remember).

3. I am a polyglot and speak different languages at different times depending on what the dream is about and just how vivid it is.

4. I have always had flying dreams, and having been a pilot fleshes them out with all the needed reality.

5. I have a number of dream worlds that repeat from time to time.

Is this ... research?

Personal curiosity. I have a dream world or worlds.. there is a place that is just not real. But when I'm there, I remember being there before thus remember my other dreams. At times they seem connected. I have "visited" since I was a kid and I have noticed that it may have grown with time.

I have friends that dream in b&w and that was very interesting to me. I figured I'd just reach some creative minds and see how they dream as well.

I have flying dreams and I thought everyone did, but that's not the case either.

Thanks for sharing!

Sometimes, especially if I try. Color and I have dreamt in German even though it is a weak second language.
I had a funny thought today. We are working with a small group of young adults who are hearing challenged (totally deaf). If they never hear a language how can they communicate (2 read lips and they all do sign)? Can one have words in dreams if one doesn't know words?

This is a great question! My best friend is a sign language interpreter, I'm going to ask her to ask.

@Sirena if you find out the answer let us know. Im so curious!

Usually, when I describe them to people they're usually surprised at how detailed they are. Not only in color, the dreams are usually more "vivid," the world seems drab by comparison. I don't think I've ever dreamed about flying come to think of it.

As an aside, as a child I had a recurring nightmare, later in life I encountered an account of it that was eerie enough that it is one of the very few things that makes me slightly open to the supernatural.

Have you watched Waking Life? I highly recommend it. I have many deja vú dreams. I remember them when I wake up, they seem odd. Then I forget, until they happen.

@Sirena I don't think I've seen that one. Sometimes I have trouble telling the difference between a dream memory and a real memory though.

@Pangolinear so... this is like homework then. Based on your dreams, it will be a great watch.

@Sirena Alright I will, should I expect a quiz or do I need to write a report?

@Sirena some believe dreams can foretell things.

@Pangolinear pop quiz, for sure!

@antman I've had many dreams come true.

I do remember them quite well. Color. But now you’re making think of location...I think quite often I’m driving a fancy car down the winding roads towards the French Riviera

antman Level 7 July 25, 2018

Some dreams I can remember but most of those are usually pretty intense in a bad way. I think for the most part they're in color.

I have wildly vivid dreams, often scary or completely nonsensical or both. I think I dream in color, and I dream a lot about flying. One of my most recurring dreams lately has been about my mother dying.

Yes Yes Yes Yes

Marine Level 8 July 28, 2018

No, but I dreamed I did.

Thankfully not most . But I do remember flying in one. And being chased by and angry nun with a ruler. And a werewolf once. My dreams are really lightweight.

Mokvon Level 8 July 26, 2018

A lot of questions. So in order; not usually and certainly not completely, color?, typically in English but I have dreamed in Spanish when I was learning the language, no, not always although my house is often the scene.

Thank you for sharing!

I remember dreams from when I was much younger. They were mostly anxiety based such as being naked in public places or losing my teeth! eek! oh and nuclear annihilation was also a common theme 😕

Yeah naked is normally anxiety based but my best friend always has bad luck the day after he loses teeth in dreams, sure i guess anxiety as well but my buddy probably did it to himself lol

@Woah_its_Tim That sucks on the bad luck thing. Can't say I remember if bad luck ensued after my teeth dreams because it was so long ago.

@Tomaf My nuclear dreams were happening in the early 1980's ..... the cold war thing. A sign of the times I guess. Which reminds me I had a dream about politics last night....😳 ........ sign of the times again?

Once again... background of my dream Vegas... red rock at the distance. Different feel.

I dream every night & they are quite vivid. I do recall colour sometimes. I also have conversations with people in the dream, mostly to people I don't know. I had a recurring dream for a while that I was in an airplane getting ready to go on a trip. Some recurring dreams are about fears I have subconsciously.

I do. i have some good ones, sometimes even funny and I;ll wake up laughing. But most of the time I have night terrors. I had a very abusive father, and a lot of the time it comes to play.

I rarely remember my dreams. I haven't had a flying or falling dream since I was a kid, but maybe I have because I don't remember. All I did remember were in color. I spoke and others have spoke. I can't say I have repeated a dream, but it may have been one I don't remember. Too bad they can't be recorded.

dokala Level 7 July 26, 2018

Some dreams stay with me, but rarely. Flying dreams? Yes - do you have ones when you flap your (human) arms but still manage to fly anyway? (Those crack me up). I'm not bilingual, so no on that.

My favorite dreams are the ones when I realize that I am dreaming, so I start testing boundaries and am able to shape the next scenario before it happens.

I dream in color and I’m bilingual so I dream In two languages also. Once I hung out with 8 Dutch people for a year on a daily basis and had several dreams in their language while not understanding a damn thing.
When I was younger dreams were the favorite part of my day but as I got older I found it really hard to remember my dreams now.

Bear1 Level 2 July 26, 2018

I remember them very regularly, they are in colour, I sometimes recall which language they are in, but I haven’t flown in them for a long time. I do have repeating dreams with very similar themes and locations though, they show up at irregular intervals.

Denker Level 7 July 26, 2018

I can control my dreams..this is not as rare as you might think..I can't do it all the time..but when I can it's truly amazing..you just don't want to wake up and come back to the real world..you are the writer, director, producer, and you always get to star in your own movie..

All of the above !! Of course it's difficult to remember, most of the time I can hold on to a little piece that helps to recover a bit more when I wake up. In any event, at times I am amazed of the images my brain can build out of nowhere. I am pretty sure I have not been to those places. The colors are fantastic (even when I keep hearing we dream no color and I say, it's my dream not yours). The language, it has been a while and cannot remember when started to dream in English. I used to write them down in a Word document years ago, snippets archived by date and the file got lost in a transaction from an old PC to an upgrade gone wrong. Once is lost..... Yeah, backups right? Disaster lingers all the time. Anyhow, a good topic for discussion perhaps in a separate thread, what about dreams while dreaming? Dream within a dream. Really weird and fascinating, even deeper layers.... I'll better stop here

Ahhh, layers of dreams. Yes! I've layered dreamed, and gone into lucid dream then new dream ... then remember I was dreaming..then take control again. Fun!

@Sirena exactly !!

@Sirena ......and just now, gotta go back to sleep and dream some more. Nite nite !!

@IamNobody g'night!

I remember that I dreamed but rarely remember the dream after I awaken.

Always 'Technicolor.' For me, black and white belongs to my grandparents. Frequently I am flying, and sometimes I hear German and Italian, which understand fairly well, but speak poorly. No repeat locations or scenes, even when flying. I always remember the dream within the first few minutes of wakening, but soon lose the entire narrative and visualization. I have attempted lucid (or intentional) dreaming with some success, yet the setting (point of departure) always appears different.

Noticed when I decided to leave Marland/DC area I had dreams where my goal in the dream was to escape or leave, a building, a piece of land, a beach, a factory, a forest, a house, a situation. I dream in color... bilingual and despite what some "geniuses of tabloids" said here that couldn't be done because the area of the brain we dream with and the one we read are different and in different location... I read, not interpret, read on my dreams as a bilingual I am. Sometimes I enjoy the life and dead situation... I am very cognizant I am dreaming and I will do a.... why is this one and not that one? Okay I know is a dream let's make it cool. I like to dream. Falling I wake up I guess like everybody else. Now I am in Vegas I expect a new Batch of dreams since I already escaped DC. First dream with Vegas strip already happened!

Mostly I don't remember them, but a few have stuck with me. I rarely have good dreams - they are generally a combination of random/strange ones and those that are just awful; you know, you wake up feeling sad or frightened. Thankfullly they evaporate quickly. And, yes, often relevant to current events in my life. And always in colour.

Color, flying, falling, repeated locations. Sometimes complete repeated dreams.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:139881
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.