Agnostic.com

7 2

Thoughts on letting people send more messages?

Currently, we limit how many NEW profile messages (e.g., from the profile page "Send Message" button) members can send per day based on their level (doubles at each level like 1,2,4,8,16,32). We did this to make it harder for scammers and reward members who contribute to the website. What's your thoughts?

• 10 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 6 votes
Admin 8 Oct 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I voted to keep leave it as it is.

If anyone has sent me a message and not received a reply it's because I have only received one message.

Surely religious believers are welcome on this site as long as they are not trolls and are prepared to engage in intelligent discussion.

I voted to leave it as it is because it doesn't seem to be a problem. Admin, perhaps you can just track how often users are hitting their limit. It could also raise a red flag about spammers.

Well, I'm just shy of level 5 at the moment and STILL can't send any messages so that's rather annoying. Been trying to send the same message for the last two weeks and nothing.

Yea, I still can't send ANY messages. I can't send new messages and I can't respond to messages sent to me. Is there any attempt being made to fix this?

And no, I apparently can't even message the Admin. I'm completely locked out.

Nobody talks to me, so I have no opinion! LOL

I totally did! I swear! I got it twice and replied twice. I thanked you and thought it was a ver nice message. 😟

Good morning.

Seems so. I haven't been on for a few days - moving my mom into her new house. But, seems I'm not getting my messages to folks. 😟

having it level dependant is a good thing as it encourages community activity.

I think the increase number per level is good. There should also be some way to forward a message to admin so they can see who it is if someone is sending scamming messages or something that is not appropriate. That way, the admin can handle the blocking or deleting of that person. Like a button that says.. submit to admin. It's so hard to monitor people because they change their profile names.

Forward to Admin? Ha, yes. That's my job! There's a link at the upper right corner of the messenger that goes directly to me... or my friends.

Like the idea of increasing the number of messages with the increase in Levels. Seems to be a good way of increasing interaction and communication between members.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.