Agnostic.com

22 35

Hooray! The radiologist was wrong.

I'm thrilled!

Today the podiatrist did not see a bone fracture on the x-ray of my foot. Instead, I have a serious contusion (a region of injured tissue or skin, in which blood capillaries have been ruptured or bruised.)

"Stay off it and take it easy for two weeks," Dr. Hui said. He put me in a surgical boot, and will see me in two weeks.

Hate the bulky surgical boot. Must weigh five pounds. I tripped going up the stairs.

"Hairline fractures often don't always show on the x-ray at first," he said. He ordered another x-ray in two weeks.

As soon as it heals, I will be able to continue hiking, running and weightlifting. And wear a pretty shoe at daughter Claire's wedding in September.

LiterateHiker 9 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sometimes science is not exact? Does not matter, get well... heal and back to the trails. And watch out for reinjury!!! Oh and you need to dance with the groom... Mother in Law/Groom dance... Claire shouldn't have all the fun on her wedding day. Heal prompt!!!!

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Whew! That was a close call. Celebrate!

Good news i guess...but meanwhile painful ! Cracked bones don't tickle ! You sound like a strong determined person...so yes patience is the key..and take it easy of course !!

dan123 Level 2 July 27, 2018

I was looking forward to LiterateLimper... bummer (That's good news!)

Lukian Level 8 July 27, 2018

@Lukian

Very funny!

Push the vitamins & Calcium,Milk,Yogurt and Cheeses.

Take care and heel! quickly.

Sounds like great-you have plenty of time to plan an epic celebratory adventure!

Iirc have been sending good energy to you, may you return stronger than before.

Good for you. Enjoy life!

tioteo Level 8 July 27, 2018

Good to hear.

I suffer from chronic ankle/foot pain. The last major flair my podiatrist thought I had broken my foot and put me in a boot. Six weeks later he x-rayed it expecting the x-ray to show the break and there was nothing there. He was completely confused because he was sure it was broken.

Had a nephrologist appointment a couple of days after that appointment (kidney doctor). I told her about my foot problems and she looked at it. She immediately diagnosed gout, gave me meds, and before the night was out I was pain free for the first time in almost two months.

You would have thought the foot doctor could distinguish gout from a broken foot. Guess I was wrong. Next time I have a flair I will get a different podiatrist.

Congratulations you're so lucky I unfortunately completely splintered my heel bone mine was actually the opposite At first the doctor felt my foot bones and he says looks like you got lucky and then he looked at the x-rays no you shattered it I actually have to go into an orthopedic surgeon on Monday to see about having it surgically repaired

Great news. The next couple of weeks will be key.

Glad to hear the good news I've been wearing one of those boots for 15 years...

Yay! Good to hear.

Until then, threaten to kick people at random. 🙂

@Holysock

Hilarious! I would never kick someone.

@LiterateHiker
Do they know that? 😀

??????

Good news and take it easy the next two weeks!

Ohub Level 7 July 26, 2018

Good for you , and heal well ! 🙂

Buddha Level 8 July 26, 2018

Woot!

Hooray! I hope you aren't broken.

That's very good news. I'm glad it's not as serious as originally thought. ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:140559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.